Looking for an early '74 260z Passenger side window regulator

I'm pretty desperate for a passenger side window regulator for my '74 260Z. I recently picked up what I believe now to be a late 260 or 280Z regulator (listed as being for 260Zs in general) which is too wide to fit down the channel into the door.

At the moment, I'm relying on the Z as a daily driver, and have to drive with the window wedged by the classic handy block of wood. Even then the window is still 1/2-1"

open. As winter rapidly descends on us, I'd like to be able to keep the interior (and its occupants) away from the exposure of the elements and instead focus on other repairs that need doing.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So what I know is that the two types of regulators I have (the original versus the ones I picked up) have a different shape and measurements from one another.

The part numbers are also different. The original is marked "3-12-1RH", while the other regulator is marked "2-10-2RH". I'm guessing the regulators I picked up are from a later 260z/280z and were mis-advertised as being for an earlier 260. Easy mistake to make if one doesn't know model changes, but it is my fault for not comparing the regulators in the first place.

Anyway, I've included pics of the two parts side by side, the original is to the left while the replacement is to the right.

Thanks for getting back to me!

Y77gN.jpg

Note the distance between the holes for the screws.

Kug6r.jpg

the one on the right with the Teflon tape looks like the early one is this the one you need

The one on the left is the one that came out of the car. We tried to fit the one on the right and the mounting screw holes don't match up. Let alone getting the thing down into the door. The shape is totally off. I checked around for the part numbers, but to no avail in comparing the early '74 regulator design to anything else.

The shape of the 260z regulator out of my car looks much closer to that of a 280z. The longer crank spline, square mounting piece, and lack of a hole between that spline and the spring seem to indicate this. The other regulator looks like that out of the 70-73 240. But I'm still iffy as to whether a 280z regulator would be compatible as the window design changed in '76 for 280s. That and the part numbers on the arms are all over the place. Numbers differed for each example I looked at.

The more you know I guess... O_o;

The shape of the 260z regulator out of my car looks much closer to that of a 280z. The longer crank spline, square mounting piece, and lack of a hole between that spline and the spring seem to indicate this. The other regulator looks like that out of the 70-73 240. But I'm still iffy as to whether a 280z regulator would be compatible as the window design changed in '76 for 280s.

The more you now I guess... O_o;

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.