ratty 521 to match my 411

erichwaslike

I have the motivation...just no money. Just scrap the truck/part it/whatever and start over. Shit happens man..build another one. I will neer feel the same about this truck as I will the green one I had that devilsnake? Has now but I'm gonna try and make it just as badass. Why not build another exactly like your old truck? Kinda like the whole gypsy rose thing. Sorry for the rant. Lots of IPAs

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

But it looks like you have all the tools and equiptment at your disposal..and even a 411 to fuck around with. If I were you id be spending everyday in the shop after work.

ive got 3 411s to mess with, 2 521s(one totaled needing tear down) a 86 samurai with a 3.8l sc swap, plus customer stuff.... i have plenty of stuff to do and get me back in the swing of it, i just honestly am so worn down by this whole experience that i have no will to do any of it, the customer cars i have to do, ppl are paying. i do have all the space and tools etc to do whatever i want to any of the cars, i just dont want to... i was talking to a buddy about it the other day, it couldnt have happened at a worse time, i was getting readdy to assemble my lz2.4, getting ready to strip the boso 411 of its suspension to start mocking in the 280zx stuff front and rear, just finished my addition to my shop so i had room to do all this new stuff and had money to do it. but it cost me $225 just to get my totaled truck towed home from the scene. im stressed about insurance to say the least and have alot hanging over me from this accident that could just fuck me for the next couple years of life....

ur not the only one i know that loses interest in a 521 after an incident, all the pics of ur truck are on my ipod, u should build another one, i saw konig209 lose interest too but its coming back to him :console:

i havent lost intrest, i just dot wanna do it right now, ive still been tracking down parts nad getting ideas for the truck, but it has a long list before its ready to drive.

needs windhield

needs all brakes gone thru

needs disk swap

needs a motor and trans

need a radiator

needs front fenders

interior smells of cat piss from 50 foot away so needs to be gutted and swapped from the other truck

needs wiring checked

needs clutch checked 

needs headlights swapped and installed

loar.....

some serious metal work on the a pillar and roof re-skinned(prior to installing windshield)

some serious tlc to the paint so it doesnt look like a painters truck (has a shit ton of paint splatter on it from house paint)

needs driver side window reg in door

so thats what is hanging over my head and why ive decided to go back to the 411sss, that in all actuallity isnt my car anymore... i gave it to my mom so she could have a cool car and the body matches the 521 and it just happens to match the color of my dads 521... so they now have his and hers matching datsuns... and im asking to take it back for a bit in return for fixing the motor i blew up after i had already given it to her.

wow serious post....

serious/

back to the lulz?

Dude, take some time. The cars will wait. Your mental and physical well being is the most important thing.have faith that life is going to be ok and rest assured that despite what dickweeds some us can be we are all here for you.

yeah i know, thats kinda the plan, but ive gotta do things that ppl have already payed for, and ive gotta get some wheels going.

Take some time off, make your signature a little longer...everything will work out

done.....

Take some time off, make your signature a little longer...everything will work out

roffle waffle

haha zero fuck given about sig length... im tempted to just do line after line with just a period at the begining of each one for around 2 pages.... dont push me lol

• 3 weeks later...

doooooo eeeeeeettttttttt........

but wait gt anymore metal 520 ass trays

now i get it... all this nice jrock is casue you want an sh tray... no!... mostly casue i dont have anymore.... i actually sold the last one and it was out of one of the 411s

so ive started collecting parts here and there for the new truck, doesnt mean ill be building it anytime soon tho, im thinking of going back to the 411 rat thats got the purple metal flake roof.... i got a winshield the other day and one of my riken turbos, the other one shows up today.... other than that im just slowly gathering parts so when i feel up to it ill be able to crack on with it and have it done in a relitively small amount of time. seems a bit rational but maybe im growing up lol(dear lord i hope not)

• Like 2

dont grow up to fast 

but do get a daily going soon so you can be independent and not feel like you have to ask for help just to get to the store THIS ALONE WILL HELP YOUR MENTAL STATE 

do the easiest first so you can drive then slowly start demmo on the smashed truck so you can get rid of it and not have to see it 

get some money from the fucker who smashed it for your pain and suffering  ( YOU ARE STILL SUFFERING )

do small things to progress maybe 30 mins or 1 hour a day just to see some progress   this will also build motivation 

good luck   you will have a bad ass ride soon 

• 1 month later...

so for those of you that arent on fb ratsun.. heres the look of it now, started on it last night, gonna get the drive train out tonight and some other peiced then be done with it. please dont ask for parts, it not a public part out, nothing is for sale. 

IMG_1868_zps50ee9244.jpg

IMG_1870_zpsce4523b6.jpg

IMG_1873_zps73508e04.jpg

IMG_1874_zps312a92cd.jpg

IMG_1875_zps5b11d46b.jpg

IMG_1872_zpsa949cc6d.jpg

IMG_1871_zps6a739a30.jpg

• Like 1

You should keep the rockers for future use, in case you decide you want your next one to have rockers on the box, the photo below is what I am talking about.

521pictures013.jpg

The rear skirt would need lowered also, like in the photo below, and I am not talking about connecting the box like I did in the photo, just the rear skirt.

521pictures013-1.jpg

• Like 1

i already have another set of rockers at the shop i keep around for a truck that needs rust repair. but i wouldnt do that to a 521, i like the way the bed is, if i were to do anything to clean it up id cut the rockers off like this one

truck4f.jpg

• Like 2

so for those of you that arent on fb ratsun.. heres the look of it now, started on it last night, gonna get the drive train out tonight and some other peiced then be done with it. please dont ask for parts, it not a public part out, nothing is for sale. 

DUDE, can you sell me your rocker panels from your crash truck. my rocker panel are really bad but im in new york can you ship it?

Im going to go with no...