Canby Caravan - Seattle area

DatDoug

OK Puget Sound Datsun Dudes! When and where are we all gonna meet for the road trip down to Canby? Maybe Sat. morning @ the Tacoma Mall Krispy Kreme? Lets hear some feedback so we can get a serious caravan goin:D

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i would like to join to. im not too familiar with the area but im going to be in olympia. is there an area in olympia that could be a spot to meet you guys on the way to canby that is has good access to I-5? we have a trailer so id rather not drive all the way to tacoma instead of just meeting you on the way. around what time would you be thinking about leaving?

around what time would you be thinking about leaving?

that is the important question.

When do you want to arrive at Canby? Not a whole lot goes on for Saturday. I'm ok with arriving anytime in the afternoon.

If you plan a 10:00am meet then I can make it... maybe 9:30 but that's pushing it if my daughter isn't ready to go right when I pick her up at 9.

Tacoma Krispy sounds good though.

not sure if anybody would be interested in makin a little stop on the way but my brother said there is a spot a couple miles off of exit 105 from I-5 next to capital lake that would be a sweet photo op. he said there is a parking lot that is empty most of the time that has a view of the lake and capital in the background. im just throwin that out there incase you guys might want just a relaxed cruise there since there isnt too much stuff goin on early saturday. i also will be staying only a couple minutes away from there at my brothers house

10am sounds good @ Krispy Kreme. Then we can meet up with you oly guys on the way down. Where, I dont know. When, prolly 11 or so. Then on to the longview kelso dudes around noon-thirty.:D

not sure if anybody would be interested in makin a little stop on the way but my brother said there is a spot a couple miles off of exit 105 from I-5 next to capital lake that would be a sweet photo op.

Where exactly is that? Capitol Lake Park?

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=olympia,+wa&ie=UTF8&ll=47.035386,-122.893066&spn=0.025095,0.069523&z=14

I see that lake, and exit 105. Looks pretty close to the freeway. Meeting there sounds good to me.

If we leave by 10:15 we should be at the park by 11:00 am

What time do you guys think you would be around Vancouver Wa? There are quite a few of us in the area just north of Vancouver as well. Some may want to join in the line or at least take some photos of you on the freeway from an overpass???

What time do you guys think you would be around Vancouver Wa? There are quite a few of us in the area just north of Vancouver as well. Some may want to join in the line or at least take some photos of you on the freeway from an overpass???

Prolly around 2ish. We can get some #'s and call u all to confirm.

I'm just going to follow Kevin :D If I can keep up ;)

if your turbo 510 was in good shape you'd have no problem keeping up... and then some! :cool:

The Park n Ride sounds like a good meeting point. It is right between the freeways.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&ie=UTF8&ll=45.719304,-122.65317&spn=0.012854,0.034761&z=15

Here is a rundown of our Saturday schedule:

1) 10:00am Krispy Kreme at Tacoma Mall - leave at 10:15

- 35 min drive to Olympia -

2) 10:50am Capitol Lake Park in Olympia - leave around 11:05

- 90 min drive to Vancouver -

3) 12:35pm Park and Ride by the interchange - leave around 12:50 (or get lunch before heading to Canby?)

- 55 min drive to Canby -

4) 1:45pm Clackamas County Fairgrounds in Canby, OR

- or closer to 2:20 if we age lunch already

estimated times are traveling about 70mph on the freeway.