Jump to content

Fender rubber? Insulator? Help

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is this between the sheet metal and the fender where the fender mets the body? If so, electricians use a rubber tape, not vinyl, about 1/16 inch or so thick that comes in a roll with usually a red plastic covering to prevent the rubber tape from sticking to itself. I have used this to build up isolating and weatherproofing gaskets between fenders and body joints in the past. I bought it a Home Depot in the [obviously] electrical section. Lay the tape on and peel the plastic protector off. The "other" side has a good cement on it and will stick to sheet metal very well. Good luck!

Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.