Datsun down

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's great, but I sure hope you're going to give us more than this as a follow up!

I think we can nominate this one for the Ratsun Fucktard award, recipiant Jayden71!! :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush:

Cuz Chet fixed it

:fu: :fu: :fu: You Chet. I had it figured out before you rode in on your hi horse!!

No Datsuns were harmed in this shenagan

tape inside the cap? 180 out......how?

Several of us put a good bit of time into trying to help and it would be nice to get a detailed explanation of the fix.......if only for the next guys that reads this thread hoping to find an answer to his problem.

I know you're just trying to be funny.....which is fine, but an answer like "chet fixed it" is reason enough for me to not even bother reading problem threads. :)

• Like 1

Ok, i replaced oil pump last week with a high volume one. In order to keep dizzy rotor in same spot I put engine at TDC took cap off dizzy and taped rotor into place. When dropping oil pump out the bottom the shaft always comes with it. With rotor unable to move because of tape I was able to switch pumps, put shaft in pump with marks lined up. Put shaft and pump back into timing cover and tighten down without having problem of rotor moving one way or another and possibly being a tooth off.

I have done this probly half a dozen times in the past with positive results. This time however, like a dumbass that I am, I forgot to remove tape. Put cap on and fired up the truck. Everything worked great for about 50 miles. Obviously the tape got bunched up under rotor and caused it to come up off the shaft just enough to throw it out 180 degrees. At TDC rotor was pointing at number 4 on cap. Also the brand new starter I just installed last weekend as well decided to take a shit at the same exact time.

Truck is back to running normal.

Warrenty on starter, I am getting another Monday

I am sorry for wasting everyones time with this

Imma fucktard

Nice! Now that's more like it!!! Thanks!! You taking the time to explain it all is kinda like you showing appreciation for the time others have taken. I appreciate that! Plus.....it gives us troubleshooters another question/option for the next time we get asked about a similar problem.

I wouldn't say you're a dumbass at all.....9 out of 10 guys on here including me have never dropped an oil pump. I've proved my siggy in my vids more than once! :)

LOL.....you would have only been a fucktard if you didn't come back with the explanation. Lot's of good ideas for future readers in this thread. win/win :)

• Like 1