Datsun 1965 L320

N268510S

PLEASE HELP: I am looking for a few parts new rubbers for both of my wing windows, wiper & light knobs, moldings for both of my fenders and hood molding also a driver side window winder.

I have been trying to reach Tana of VINDATS for months does anyone know if she is ok.

I am in California and you can reach me at my e-mail: fijikhan66@yahoo.com.

Thx

Fk

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Are the moldings you talking about the badges/emblems, or the trim pieces?

If it is the trim you are talking about, do you have a photo of the door trim, as there is more than one type.

We are all looking for wingwindow gaskets/rubbers, if you find a source, let us know.

The winder you want, is it the winder handle, or the winder mechanism/assembly in the door.

wayno

I have been trying to reach Tana of VINDATS for months does anyone know if she is ok.

Unfortunately she is in the hospital this week for about the third time in the last couple of months.

Otherwise Ratsun is probably the premier place to discuss 320 trucks (or any North America Datsun trucks)

• Like 1
  • 6 years later...

I think I saw that old Datsun truck (I think it was from the 1940s or 50s) for sale on CL in the Northern Virginia area several months ago.  And yes the original asking price was around $25k.  There was a walk-around youtube video but I can't find it right now.  

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Charlie69 said:

Fine workmanship in this 320 king cab.  This is the best way in my opinion to get leg room in a 320, 520, or 521.

Here is an early Datsun truck that was for sale in I think New York.

01010-g-Gh-Ozcwg-Hms-1200x900.jpg

Untouched Original Datsun Truck.

Gonna take me a while to get over that one !!

Looks like the red one at the bottom of the page on this site:

http://www.earlydatsun.com/datsun6147.html

• Like 3

I'm pretty sure he said it was a 1939. http://www.earlydatsun.com/datsun17t.html

I've always wanted an early Datsun (Nissan) truck. I absolutely love those big ones, well anything over compact size actually. Imagine making a car hauler out of a 1950's Nissan 580, or something similar.

• Like 1

Look at the hood side-panel louvers on the one I posted compared to the one posted on Ratsun. 

Earlydatsun site is a good reference tool. I've spent hours in there.

They also had at one time a good amount of neat stuff on my favorite Nissan; the mid 1960's Silvia. That's my 'Left Nut' Japanese car, probably.

Be real tough to pin down the Italiano 'Left Nut' car, but FIAT Abarth Record Monza is close to top of list.

• Like 2

Mind boggling old survivor !!

Subject of bumperettes comes up on the Datsun pickup forums from time to time. Those must be the bumperettes that Leonardo DaVinci drew up when he was a kid !!

Yeah, I could nut-out driving that little feller around the neighborhood; probably wouldn't wanna get much farther afield though.

• Like 1

I remember throwing a set of the 320 bumperettes away. It was my first 320 and I didn't realize how rare they were. I didn't like them though, so I removed them and ran without a rear bumper for about 10 years. I built a custom tube rear bumper just before selling it.

320_Datsun_Frame_Clip_Install_Wiring006.

Notice the corner marker reflectors. We converted them to LED lights.

320_Datsun_Frame_Clip_Install_Wiring004.

• Like 3