• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ok a few things

why dont you want lsd? it is so much better then an open diff

510s dont come stock with lsd so if you have it someone had to of swapped it in

and if you dont want lsd ill trade you an open 3.90 diff :D

The R-180 Z diff will bolt into the PL510 with no mods. This would be from the 240, 260, 280z. The R200 from the later cars can fit, but it needs some modifications done, and weighs a ton.

Subie LSD rear ends have become to find, and even at that, they aren't remotely cheap anymore. Going rate for a subie lsd is $500, where-as he can pick up an open Z diff for nearly free.

no they don't you just use your old stub axle. And 510's never came with 370's

Nope.... The stock 510 half shafts won't work on a subi diff side axle. . I've been making the subi diff stub axles for the last couple years.

I'm making 40 or so of them right now..

IMAG0870.jpg

copied from http://kmhafer.datsun510.com/Subaru.htm#What%20about%20Halfshafts%20and%20Stub%20Axles?

remove the Nissan stubs from the stock 510 differential (using the impact wrench or breaker bar / vise grip and a regular deep socket), and bolt them in place of the Subaru ones you removed, using the 510 stub axle bolts. DO NOT use an impact wrench to tighten these, as they will strip. Just tighten them "snug" using a breaker bar or ratchet. You do not even need to use loc-tite on the stub axle bolts. Everything else (driveshaft, half-shafts, etc.) just bolts right up

this is how i did mine

copied from http://kmhafer.datsu...and Stub Axles?

remove the Nissan stubs from the stock 510 differential (using the impact wrench or breaker bar / vise grip and a regular deep socket), and bolt them in place of the Subaru ones you removed, using the 510 stub axle bolts. DO NOT use an impact wrench to tighten these, as they will strip. Just tighten them "snug" using a breaker bar or ratchet. You do not even need to use loc-tite on the stub axle bolts. Everything else (driveshaft, half-shafts, etc.) just bolts right up

this is how i did mine

Crap!!! That's a great article. I just hope the people I'm making the side axles for never read it. :rofl: I've never installed a subi diff I was just going by what I was told by the guy I'm making them for. Now I'm going to have to find out WHY they are having me make them. I was told the spline count is different and the bolt circle for the half shaft was also different.