KA24de Datsun 620 swap,

chebetio510

Started piecing the parts. got the motor hoping to find a transmission by this week.. got my motor brackets from Redeye .. got new motor mounts, the Airtex E2000 fuel pump.. gonna end up getting a 240sx 5 speed. wondering if i can run a solid driveshaft instead of the the two piece... willl post pics of everything tomorow..

• Like 1
  • Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So here's my truck..

truck.jpg

Btw, cheetah print is gone lol still have residue masking tape on hood tht i cant'e get off

old l16 with headers..

620motor.jpg

ANnd finally out..

620out.jpg

Picked my transmission last night... that was a mission.

whats the difference gonna be swapping my kade out of my 240 into my 620 after it gets painted

Front sump vs. rear.

Rear sump pan will not swap to 240sx motor.

You will need to flip drag link and create some pan clearance.

I have not done the swap, so I have nothing useful to add.

Just have read about some complications others have run into.

I think Red used a 240sx motor?

Read his threads.

I used a 240sx motor, my mounts have been used to install a truck motor as well. Looks like the truck motor didn't require flipping the center link which is cool.

The 240sx motors are a little easier to find in my experience.

So if I read that correctly, if you use a truck KA - you don't have to flip the center link... so all that is required is mounts, driveshaft, tranny mount, and wiring, air, and fuel?

A good compilation of information into a sticky would be beneficial for the next guy I suppose. I was under the impression that truck and 240 KA's used the same pans.. so I learned two things today?!

This is great news for Steve. Makes me want to go and just do another KA swap in my 620 if and when my L20B gives out....

@OP - The leaopard print had to go, glad to hear that it's gone, haha. To get the adhesive residue off you can use GoofOff (don't go crazy unless you wanna lose paint, too.) You can also use lighter fluid (not zippo, although I'm sure that would work too)... or fancy stuff like Acrysol. Give it a good wash afterwards and you're good to go bro!

Keep us posted. Pictures... the more the merrier! It's a build thread afterall, yes?

There are more differences than that.

The KA-whether 240sx, truck, dual or single, fwd or rear-have tons of differences.

And getting the right combo to work takes some homework.

FWD wont work for anything. (EDIT: Altima exhaust cam swap.)

Singles from truck or 89-90 240sx oil pans swap, but trans and starter wont-so use trans from that motor.

Duals-forget about it. Nothing swaps except the intake.

Tons of info on every Nissan forum about KA's.

Everyone is as confused between them all.

I'm sure the gurus at Nissan had a field day creating lulz when deciding to send 7 differnt KA's to America.

"Fuck you, round-eye."

• Like 1

lol alot swaps more than intakes ive learned that from experience with building 240sx's ka transmissions are used on sr's ca's some rb's with only one difference different bell housings which are about $30 to have a shop swap you can put a ka-e fuel rail on a de so you can use top feed injectors just for a example

So if I read that correctly, if you use a truck KA - you don't have to flip the center link... so all that is required is mounts, driveshaft, tranny mount, and wiring, air, and fuel?

A good compilation of information into a sticky would be beneficial for the next guy I suppose. I was under the impression that truck and 240 KA's used the same pans.. so I learned two things today?!

This is great news for Steve. Makes me want to go and just do another KA swap in my 620 if and when my L20B gives out....

There are pictures of both motors swapped into 620's in the for sale link in my sig. Don't really want to make a for sale thread a sticky, maybe I will make a thread for the 620 section. :)

Alright guys just ordered my clutch should be ere in tomorrow , also scored a snug top cab high camper shell for 30 bucks over the weekend , will upload some pics tonight . Obviously I will need to upgrade my brakes with the swap, want to go with I believe beebani brackets for z32 calipers but concerned I won't clear my wheels, not are if overall diameter will be the issue or the back spacing if the wheel , I figure I can run a small spacer but my wheels are -38offset so that's already poking out a lot , any knowledge in this?

Wheel specs are

15x10 American racing ar-767

-38et

Backs pacing 4inch? It's what I found online

Do the rear disc swap too.

Nothing wrong with that.

As far as overkill-does your 4cyl KA really need the amount of whoa-down 8 caliper pistons will produce?

The Hardbody front calipers/Isuzu rear calipers and a big master cylinder are beyond capable of stopping a 620.

The Z32 calipers will make you look good though, but will barely do that much better of a job at slowing you down.

For the price of proper Z32 calipers, you can almost do the entire job the Hardbody route.