78 620 King Cab, my first datsun!!!:D

AWSpoofwil

Did mine the same way but left mine the shinny aluminum (plus some buffing) Had to go all the way down on mine since some ding dong cut speaker holes out of the doors. But  Love the look and very easy to do...

IMG_1304_zps1d0d56c5.jpg

IMG_1307_zpsf5dbe6f5.jpg

• Like 1
  • Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

SOME RANDOM UPDATES ON THE TRUCK! got the apparently shot 5 speed swapped out for a 4 speed, new clutch kit, got the door locks working, took off the spare tire holder, new plates and tags, some random stickers, new battery terminal connector thing (old one was too tall and burning holes in my hood), got all the wiring all re done and tucked up so its all nice and purdy, took off the US Marine Corps bumper magnet ( it was mine to begin with, i just didnt want it on there anymore), all the dmv shit is legal for oregon, and pulled out all of the interior panels. PLANS FOR IT ARE: fender mirrors, grenade shifter knob, mount black diamond plate on the doors for interior panels, sand and bondo random holes, bumps, rust areas etc., paint it flat military Olive Drab green, bedliner the bed and the rear DATSUN letters (and maybe the cab, not sure if i wanna go with cheap bedliner for cab or flat black spray paint), KA24DE swap or if i have enough money/ find a good deal a SR20DET swap, fix (again) the speedometer, install a rpm gauge, fix dash lights, kenwood KDC-X396 deck with 2 (maybe more in the future) kenwood KFC-6983PS 6x9s, flare out/ put fender flares on it ( if i go fender flares, ill put the same ones as Chad Copelands), new fatter rims ( Fifteen 52 3 piece tarmac in two tone black and military green with some pirellis) and tires to justify the flares, mount KA-BARs (7inch blade synthetic handle with synthetic sheaths) on both freshly diamond plated door panels, Bride/Recaro/Sparco (havnt decided yet) seats, sparco detachable steering wheel, re do the whole dash military style (havnt given it much thought), new seatbelts with the new seats (again, not much thought), about an inch lower in the back with a highly stiffened suspension, weld the diff, re position the pedals so there more spaced out, and thats all i can think of for the life of this truck. and its gonna be a rust filled battle the whole way haha. and thats all my stuff i have planned, its not all gonna happen within a couple months haha, if i had the money i would.

You should definitely should go with the ka24de more torque and just so much more reliable.

Did you move the upper inlet? All the 620 radiators I have seen have the upper on the drivers side.

the upper on my dads red 73' which i believe has a 77' radiator is on the passenger side as well. my guess would be a limited run, or old replacement rads.

Okay i gotta problem, so i was gonna paint this beast flat military tan, and already got the paint to do it, but i could never get a good day that was both dry and non windy days to do it, and now there is a gay lifted chevy in my hometown that did his whole truck in, you guessed it, flat military tan, and it turned out like shit. so now i dont wanna paint my truck that same color and be assoisciated with that hunk of shit, but i still want a military color, and dont reaally wanna do flat olive drab green because i dont wanna try to copy chad copelands..... HELP ME FIND A NEW COLOR!!!!

That sucks, well you could just stick to your plan. But I then again I have been on the receiving end of a change I didn't plan ,but loved in the end.

So options: you mentioned where you would be painting,but not with what( can - gun - brush).

Some tips I would give when it comes to the home paint job are, take you time masking, use a satin finish paint,line Rust-oleum satin. It gives a factory seal coat look( I will throw up a couple of pics of a truck I built and I used: satin canyon black. I love this shit, as long as you don't over load it the finish is awesome everytime.2 coats of it and your set.

As for a different color , dark green, black, satin navy blue,grey,white is always good

• 5 months later...