emissions removal

Zlich

Um, the light isn't gonna say anything if the bulb is burned out. I guess one way to check is to see if the front driveline freespins with the transmission in gear and the hubs (or in your case, hub) unlocked. If the T-case is in 2H (or N) the shaft will turn, if it's in 4H or 4L it won't

And I mean spin it by hand, you don't need it running.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Im not arguing at all Im giving information from the last time I had it running on roads that needed it to go 60+ mph to the best that I can remember Im not saying any of you are wrong or right I know I am probably wrong on what my rpms were. but I do know it hasnt once been in 4l or even 4h I havnt touched that shifter at all because theirs not a cv axle. I dont have any reason to put it into 4wd because only my rear wheels will go. I know whats wrong with my truck and why its not working I just dont have the money to go buy a new carburetor and I havnt had the time to sit down and rebuild the stock one thats on it. if it wasnt for that I would take it out right now and give accurate numbers for you guys so you can help you. in all of my posts I have said "around 5k I think I cant remember." never have I said you guys where wrong on anything.

and Im not doubting that I would give you guys actual numbers of what it is for sure if I could right now. thats just what I think im pretty sure I am wrong but I havnt got a clue. I was just saying what I thought it was. when I get it running I will post more accurate numbers.

I have both the stock and aftermarket tach set up and they both read the same thing. I already had the aftermarket one and had a feeling the stock one was toast so I put in the aftermarket one but that was way after I got back from driving it home. after then I never drove it higher than 55 give or take.

• 1 year later...

I know this is old, but..... I'm doing a rebuild right now, and want to verify that EVERYTHING vacuum can be removed, except for the dizzy advance, and of course the brake booster. Is this correct? I have a weber, and am using headers, so I will be doing the EGR block off as well.