Are there any Radiators that fit a 521?

AcesHigh

After doing a reverse flush, the radiator still overheats so I took it into a radiator shop. They said the core is bad, and since the radiator isn't stock and it can be re-built for $300. Would a 510 or 620 radiator bolt right in? I heard I could use a Pontiac Fiero radiator but it would require adapters and hoses. Thank you for your help!

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

After doing a reverse flush, the radiator still overheats so I took it into a radiator shop. They said the core is bad, and since the radiator isn't stock and it can be re-built for $300. Would a 510 or 620 radiator bolt right in? I heard I could use a Pontiac Fiero radiator but it would require adapters and hoses. Thank you for your help!

Datsun parts unlimited Al Allen sells for like the same price.There aluminum and 3 core and work really good.he is also on ebay as well.

I bought one of the aluminum radiators off eBay to put in mine just a few months ago. I had to do a little tweaking and trimming to get it in just right. The top tank was touching the core support at the corners of the radiator. I took some vice grips and folded under the part of the core support that was touching. The bottom tank was touching as well so I had to trim a small amount of the core support with a grinder and a cutoff wheel. I had to cut the bottom center of the fan shroud off to keep the fan from hitting it because of the added thickness of the radiator. Probably an hour or less of fitting to get it right.