Drum roll please!

71datsuns

Well its been a while since I've uploaded a photo onto a forum. So hopefully I did it right. lol. Anyway, This is my half way completed 1971 Datsun 521. I've had it for about a month now. Ive added the amber Koito fog/high beams, also I've added the chevy wheels, painted bright green. The photos dont do the truck justice! I took these right after i dropped it off the jack stands, so the suspension has settled a little more and the front is a little lower. Also keep in mind that I want to paint it satin black. So the green wheels will look much better on it when its painted! I have some authentic JDM fender mirrors in the mail along with a new hood emblem cause the one I have it starting to peel, and a new ignition because the keys fall out of the ignition if i hit a good enough bump. Oh and I went with black lug nuts to really let the wheels pop. anyway enjoy!

2012-10-07_10-27-34_490.jpg

2012-10-07_17-27-26_9661.jpg

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice truck!

I know it's your truck, you can do with it what you like, and this is only my opinion, but...for the love of anything sacred or held dear, don't ruin that factory color paint with an abominable flat black paint job & fender mirrors! I mean, wow, that would be one of the saddest things I've seen happen to a Datsun, and I've read Indy's threads! That thing is so nice looking right now as it sits!

LOL! Well thanks! I suppose. I am still on the fence about the paint job. The only thing is that the underside of the hood is super rusted and the paint job is so old that its gone from a gloss light blue to a flat light blue. I love the color combo thats on it now, the main reason I'm doing it is cause the paint is soooooo old. Also the fender mirrors are going on. No matter what. lol. I LOVE the look of the fender mirrors. And I spent 377$ on them, lol.

Try restoring the paint. Have heard of and seen great things with TR3. http://www.amazon.co...e/dp/B000BOKO4W

Nice! Just bought the last can off of amazon! Thanks for the link!

I would leave the paint as well if your choice of repaint is flat black. Your truck isn't a hot rod...

The fender mirrors could be nice. What style are they?-oics?

Touche, Ya the fender mirrors will look good. They are the flat round ones.

i had three black dudes do the same for me first day i lowered my truck....got the u-bolt stuck on a railroad track

Damn. Haven't had that happen yet.... Hopefully never will. I don't think mine is low enough though.

Well glad to see another truck on the road and if your going to keep it that color then please paint the wheels a diffrent color.And i love the fender mirriors do it and dont worry what other people think.Except for the wheel color choice of course.

Ya, I think within a year I'll get them re-powder coated another color, I was thinking purple or a nice blue. Fender mirrors are for sure going on.

I think white wheels would have match better but I like the truck

Thanks. There are alot of different colors that would look better. I like it more because its different. Also green is a great color.