Damn fine 69

Well with a short hiatus from the datsun world I'm back. Ended up selling my goon back in march I think? And have regretted it ever since. I decided this time to grab a 2 door or 4 door and began my search. I wanted a car that was somewhat complete and drive able, preferably one that had a ka swap done already and sure as shit I found one on Craigslist in stanwood. I went and saw the car and had to have it. I picked this up from Casey also known as spudly on ratsun . Gotta say if you ever get the chance to buy something from this guy, do it he has been extremely helpful and saved my ass a couple times already. Had this thing 2 weeks and am on as many oil pans. Anyway plans for the ride include some rust repair new wheels and tires, get the back seat redone and installed so my kid can ride, and I gotta get it out of the weeds a little bit (little to low for me lol) ill quit typing and get to what you came here for, the pics!!

image-1.jpg

yes this is rapheals old car. before i bought it i wasnt aware how well known it was

image.jpg

went for a cruze with the wife and went over some narly tracks here in marysville (88th and stae) oops!!

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You know I haven't decided yet. I like the look of stock wheels and hubcaps, but also the style of the konig b-bombs. I guess what it will come down to is cashola and what's available at the time. very rarely do i buy anything like that new I'm kinda a Craigslist whore :)

I love this car. I know a lot of guys hated how low it is but it's the epitome of a Ratsun. I understand wanting to avoid smashing more oilpans but If you raise it back up don't go too far, this thing needs to stay low. I would run some old school 13" wats or minilites on this thing. Anyway, the car is rad, good buy.

I understand wanting to avoid smashing more oilpans but If you raise it back up don't go too far, this thing needs to stay low.

NO!!!! .. keep raising it up, until it starts being fun to drive .. :cool: .... you shouldn't have to avoid every pothole/bump in the road, the front X-member needs to be more than 3" off the ground, and it'd be more fun with less negative camber in the back(higher ride height)

I will be happy to see this car out of the competition :rofl: (cause IMO it was winning the most slammed static 510 award)

• Like 1

Got some maintenance shit done today. Repacked the front wheel bearings. Had a bog at full throttle so I cleaned the maf and swapped out the tps with a spare I had Layin around and cured the bog. Also noticed a slow leak in the radiator so I went to pick n pull and picked up another one and threw that in. Didn't get around to shimming the motor up today maybe tommarrow after GG

• 3 weeks later...

Can't really call it "my" setup cause I didn't do any of the work to get it as it sits now, but ka24e 5spd , 280z front with cut springs front and back. Subaru rear end. Rite now I'm trying to decide what route I'm wanting to take with it. I know I want to do some motor work, I was thinking r1 carbs but its been done so many times before as has the Sr , Rb's and so on and so on. I want to do something different not sure yet tho. I've been toying with the idea of throwing a Diesel engine in it, maybe out of a Kubota tractor or something, hell maybe even a cummins 4bt if the thing can get shoe horned in there but I doubt it it. It's probably to tall.

Did you ever get around to shimming the motor? i dont know how you managed two oil pans lol i put over 1000 miles on that car with no problems! Dont raise it up.. just do what tristin said and build a skid plate!

And good luck selling those wheels! They had brand fricken new tires on em! haha

Ya like I said I was "toying with the diesel idea" probably save that for another project. Ya the first pan was my bad spudly went to fast over the tracks, the second one was the plug in the pans fault!! Haha it's all good tho. Haven't shimmed the motor up, haven't had really enough time to do shit to the car yet. Probably gonna shim it as much as I can and leave it how it is.

Can't really call it "my" setup cause I didn't do any of the work to get it as it sits now, but ka24e 5spd , 280z front with cut springs front and back. Subaru rear end. Rite now I'm trying to decide what route I'm wanting to take with it. I know I want to do some motor work, I was thinking r1 carbs but its been done so many times before as has the Sr , Rb's and so on and so on. I want to do something different not sure yet tho. I've been toying with the idea of throwing a Diesel engine in it, maybe out of a Kubota tractor or something, hell maybe even a cummins 4bt if the thing can get shoe horned in there but I doubt it it. It's probably to tall.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Keep the KA!! Its reliable and powerful. DONE. Then you get to do the fun stuff and not be breaking down. trust me. ;)

• Like 1

I hear ya jalen. I've definetly got to get to work on it this winter to make it my own. All I hear is "isn't that Raphael's old car?? Lol not a big deal, it is what it is. I've got a couple of ideas that I want to do to make it stand out as my own but not take away from the history of the thing.