KA24E differences. 240SX Vs. D21

flatcat19

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe we can send a link to this post to add some info to theirs.

S13 pistons are fully floating on the rods. The rod small ends are bronze? bushed and reamed to fit the piston pins. There is also a hole drilled in the top of the rod to allow for lubrication. Because the pins a floating the pistons have a groove in the pin hole for cir-clips or snap rings to prevent the pin sliding sideways and scuffing the cylinder wall.

720stuffKA24Epistonrod007Large.jpg

89mmKA24Efloatingpinpiston004Large.jpg

KA-Es in the D21 do not have this feature.

• 2 years later...

Maybe we can send a link to this post to add some info to theirs.S13 pistons are fully floating on the rods. The rod small ends are bronze? bushed and reamed to fit the piston pins. There is also a hole drilled in the top of the rod to allow for lubrication. Because the pins a floating the pistons have a groove in the pin hole for cir-clips or snap rings to prevent the pin sliding sideways and scuffing the cylinder wall.720stuffKA24Epistonrod007Large.jpg89mmKA24Efloatingpinpiston004Large.jpgKA-Es in the D21 do not have this feature..

This is a pretty dead thread but.

I have d21 pistons 'no C clips' and 240sx rods.

Im worried that if I put the pistons on the rods the pin will walk out. Would I need to get d21 rods in order to put these piston in my 240sx bottom end?

Yeah, If you can do it by hand, you have a problem. Those push in rod pins usually require lots of force or super heating the rod end. They should be loose in the piston, but not the rod.

• Like 1