My 521: Project B

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Love what you've done with this 521 !! I really like the diamond tuck'n' roll interior panels,might have to go that route for my truck, except maybe off white instead. I really like the rims &.stock caps too. I have 3 chrome moon style on mine (well,it will be very soon amyway),& want to use the stock "dogdish" caps on them if possible,with white lettering ,instead of the whitewall stripe that looks great on your truck. If not that wheel & cap combo,then it will be old school slot mags. I really like the tin top dash idea,with a guage pod possibly too. Your truck is an awesome example of a restoration! Mine will be more like a 70's era mini truck resto-mod.

There's a guy on ebay, he lives down in Los Angeles, davejunkyardpart.  He's always finding slot mags and other old muscle car stuff at the yards, he polishes them up and sells them on ebay.  I bought a set of 5 6 lug slot mags, polished, for $500.  They'll go on the project C truck.

I'll check it out. I'm really hoping the stock caps will fit on the chrome wheels I have now. I just think that would look good. Maybe I could have stock steel wheel centers put into wider rim width wheels.

ok these pics are making more excited than my future reunion with my exwife whom I will be marrying again

Dude....really?   ** insert inappropriate remark re: making the same mistake twice **

Seriously, good luck man.

well I have loved her from the very first day I met her, it was almost like the day I saw my first 510

What's going on now is a number of detail things.  Filling in and re-painting the holes in the door where the mirrors were installed previously.  I went with peep mirrors instead.  The windshield should be here soon, last touches on the upholstry, making mud flaps, attaching the bumperettes.

• Like 1

Slow progress.  I'm going over to see Julio tomorrow.  I think the marker light gasket is upside down.  Honestly, I really am trying to make those small Thai tail lights work -- but I feel like it needs more cowbell.  Maybe the yellow "backing plate" was painted black?

What if the tail lights were shifted outboard toward the bed corners and in that gap on between the backup lights I put a reflector or larger stand-alone back-up light?  Yea I have stock US market tail lights, I'm just trying to give it more of a JDM look.  It's not right yet.

Picked up two new windshields today from Pilkington. 

Slow progress.  I'm going over to see Julio tomorrow.  I think the marker light gasket is upside down.  Honestly, I really am trying to make those small Thai tail lights work -- but I feel like it needs more cowbell.  Maybe the yellow "backing plate" was painted black?

What if the tail lights were shifted outboard toward the bed corners and in that gap on between the backup lights I put a reflector or larger stand-alone back-up light?  Yea I have stock US market tail lights, I'm just trying to give it more of a JDM look.  It's not right yet.

Picked up two new windshields today from Pilkington. 

So with those tail lights you are doing it all wrong.please for the life of me get rid of them.please or get the proper brackets and move them in the corners were they belong.

So with those tail lights you are doing it all wrong.please for the life of me get rid of them.please or get the proper brackets and move them in the corners were they belong.

What exactly are you trying to say?  

Edit:  I am planning to move them to the corners, probably "black out" the yellow parts of the assembly, and straighten up the bumperettes.

New windshield is in.  I think the final body/paint/upholstery will be complete this weekend.  Still some mechanics and electrical to complete.  I don't think I can have it ready or reliable before Canby though.

100MEDIA36IMAG0600_zps769a868e.jpg