SSR SuperStar Questions

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay FINALLY found the damn tape-measure!

13x7 +6

Sweet!

Sounds absolutely PERFECT.

Sumitomo HTR200 195 60 13 callin my name!

Got a source? Used to get them from Tire rack but they stopped carrying them. Only seem to be able to get the 185/60-13s now...

Ok, test fit is good! Fronts are perfect, rears...some concern...though I could be over reacting... Seems like a lot of "poke".

When you lower it a bit the negative camber will sort that out. B)

Due to the arc of the control arm, it won't rub. I promise. :thumbup:

• Like 1

Side note, there is one downside to a 195/60-13 or 185/60-13. Not very tall. About 1" smaller overall diameter than stock. Might need to lower the car more than you normally would to get the right look. B)

And the speedo will be a bit off, shows higher than you really are going. My math says an indicated 60mph would be about 57mph.

Upside? Basically changes your rear end ratio from the stock 3.90 to maybe 4:11? :thumbup:

Hmm, so a 70 series might be in order...

Not as gangster. B)

So what are these made of? Stupid light, are they very durable??? Looks like cast center with some form of aluminum barrel.

Exactly. Cast aluminum center, spun aluminum barrel. The spun barrel is what makes them so light. :thumbup:

Made as a 3pc, but then both halves of the barrels are welded together at the factory, usually with the face captured in between effectively making it a 1pc wheel.

"Durable" is a tough call. Downside to the spun barrel is they won't take a hit without bending. Potholes should be fine, but don't curb one very hard. Good thing you have 6. ;)

Looks and sound perfect to me, remember your suspension geometry changes with weight load/suspension travel, so your wheels will tuck slightly in a little bit more.

But if you're doing a slight stretch that looks absolutely near damn perfect, as for the bead situations the bead is there, you'll be safe.