another old school show truck found

dat620

as i just pm'ed steroid, i need to share with u all also, i stumbled across an old feature truck/ show truck from the 70's era, has full wrap kit and and custom paint and club logo from 70's era, if i can find my digital camera , i will try to get picks this weekend..anyone remember a 74 620 nicknamed orange peel, with a little screwy faced orange logo, or for u cali boys a club called primo mini's..:D the best thing is, it looks like it just came out of a 70's time capsule, this thing is in excellant condition..:) the current owners are going to restore it and drive it daily, the owner is also a phx resident and member of ratsun, she goes by the handle of mariaaz, they have rescued another piece of history and are looking for any history on the truck..:D L8R

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Tom,

Thanks for the "heads up"!

That is a recent build up. That was/is the truck that was on ebay built last year by Chop Derek. Look closely at the early morning photos as We got ready to caravan to JCCS. You will see the "primo" logo. He used one of My wrapkits. I don't know what they paid for it but it is a VERY clean truck! I hope that the new owners finish it and take good care of it. Maybe they will attend runs with Us.

as i told u earlier, they want to get it good, they would like any history that any of us could give them, they go by mariaaz, here on ratsun, they also were open to the suggestion of hangin with us, as they would like to get more involved with ther new toy, i also suggested to try and get all or most of the az peeps together to get to know everyone to them and they were interested too..L8R tom:D

yep thats the truck , and yep it's a good possibility that will happen, just met them last nite, they just bought it aprox 2 mos. ago..we'll see how it goes, they are also datsun fans..:D

They can easily reach Derek. I've still got His email address and also His phone number. They got a VERY cool truck!! As Mark would say....."INDEED"!

yes they did, and now i may want to change the direction of my king kab, i'm liking the full wrap kit, reminds me of my 77 doge van flares and spoiler..:D

Nice to see pics of our newest family member! Hopefully we'll get the guy up and running soon. I'm hoping to install a starter relay this weekend so we don't have to bridge the starter posts with a screwdriver to get it started. Then, somewhere along the line the auto choke was removed from the carb, so we're looking at putting a manual choke system in at least for now.

I'm more interested in working under the hood, so it's nice to have a vehicle that is complete that way (I suck at body work). With such a long history as a show vehicle, I might just have to "pretty up" the engine compartment. First things first though, and that is getting it running so we can get it to pass emissions.

We'd love to get together with other Datsun fans. We used to do the Scottsdale Pavillions shine n show with the Roadsters and Zs.

This post shows our other Datsuns: http://forum.ratsun.net/showthread.php?t=4171

ETA - as for photos... we'll have to clean it up a bit, the bath will have to wait until after we get the relay in and can hopefully start the truck :)

• 2 weeks later...
as i told u earlier, they want to get it good, they would like any history that any of us could give them, they go by mariaaz, here on ratsun, they also were open to the suggestion of hangin with us, as they would like to get more involved with ther new toy, i also suggested to try and get all or most of the az peeps together to get to know everyone to them and they were interested too..L8R tom:D

OK these pics were taken by Guy's[Fontana620] friend Brandon @ a show last Sept. 07. The truck had just been completed & this was it;s 1st show...

orangepeel.jpg

orangepeel6.jpg

orangepeel4.jpg

orangepeel7.jpg

orangepeel5.jpg

• 4 years later...
  • 5 months later...