Hope to get this thing going for the Meet in Williams...

Datsun/bmw

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome to Ratsun B)

Nice looking 320

American hood ornament?

Do you haul loads with it, I'm trying to figure out the rear wheel well trim?

I Guess Im hopeing someone will tell me how or where to get one (A Fuel Pump) ? If i have to i will go electric, This thing has not run in like 24 years. rear quarters were cut way before i got it, 30 some years ago. Not sure about the Hood Ornament, Got it that way.

Thanks Nathan Babbitt

You'll have more luck if you search for parts for a J13 in a '68-69 521. The J-series pump should work fine....but if you have a really early E1(since you have a '63 L320), there's a slight chance it won't. I found fuel and water pumps and radiator hoses in stock at the parts store using the later mode. Most parts stores don't list anything prior to '66.

Here's some pics I took comparing the differences between the J-series fuel pump and the L-series pump. If you can't find the correct pump, I'm pretty sure you can swap the arms. Won't be easy, but I think it's doable.

The last pic is a stock fuel pump on the E1. If that's the style you have, this won't be an option.

DCP_6309.jpg

DCP_6310.jpg

DCP_6311.jpg

DCP_6313.jpg

DCP_6440.jpg

I'm pretty sure this is for the style in the last pic.

http://www.ebay.com/...cat=0&_from=R40

• Like 1

Nathan,

It would be cool to see you make it to Williams. I was able to use a 520 or 521 fuel pump from a J13 in my 65 320. I got one at Auto Zone a few years back.

Dale - AZ

Hey Dale i drove it today, But I cant figure out where Reverse is, Ive driven column shift cars before, But all i get are forward gears, Any ideas what im doing wrong.

Thanks Nathan Babbitt

Hey Nathan,

My 65 was the 1st year for a floor shifter. B)

Here ya go....

1st gear - Away from you, and up. 2nd is straight down, 3rd is back to neutral, pull towards you, and up, and 4th is straight down again. Reverse - Pull stick out (towards passenger door), forward, down.

Maybe this will help!

DSC03430.jpg

Hey Nathan,

My 65 was the 1st year for a floor shifter. B)

Here ya go....

1st gear - Away from you, and up. 2nd is straight down, 3rd is back to neutral, pull towards you, and up, and 4th is straight down again. Reverse - Pull stick out (towards passenger door), forward, down.

Maybe this will help!

DSC03430.jpg

I would have never figured that out, No More pushing it backwards, Hip Hip Hurray