Sightings 2, the not a datsun but... Thread

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Found this in pick and pull today. It's a ford Capri... Never seen one before kinda reminds me of an old 210 coupe

254FB005-CDE3-454C-AF1A-4F9C47EC0803-1130-000002BF246D8397.jpg

Aucually that would be a Mercury Capri. They had good motors, too bad the rest of the car was crap. A 210 was 2-3 times the car a Capri was. The only thing the Capri had going for it was it's looks.

There was a hearse parked outside my aparments the other night! I love the caddy hearses. I knew a guy who had a 53 i think hearse. Also this truck bas been in my neighbors back yard for years. Then the Monte..I have a soft spot for any monte 1988 and before. Ive had a few..77,81 turbo, 88 LS..my dads had a couple dozen of them..

20121025_221715.jpg

20121101_154448.jpg

20121101_082729.jpg

That hearse is a 74-76 Superior Sovereign, just like the triple black one in my first photo, mine was a 74. I put 50k on that car after buying it from the funeral home. It was pretty fast for a car its size. I put it in a few burnout contests too.

The orange Dodge truck started life as a 6/3speed 2wd little thing...I put a V8 in it, 4x4 conversion, 36 inch Power King tractor tires, then I lost my job and had to sell it...that pic was when I first hung a Dana 60 under it.

The 68 Charger was a junkyard rescue...with its factory blue paint...same junkyard I rescued my Datsun from.

The 70 Coronet I did a "white trash" resto on, fixed everything but the appearance, built a big block, drove it like I stole it.

The hearse with the scoop I sold in September, it lives in Palo Alto CA now, that pic was when I had the Ram Air III Pontiac 400 in it, I could DESTROY my buddy's 06 Ram, he just got smaller and smaller in my rearview. Put an 8.2 liter in it, then it was a real torque monster...

the brown turd Cuda and the damn dumbest smart kid I know...I did my best and it wasnt good enough

Same car as on page 10?

Good memory :thumbup: Forgot I posted it here

Not sure if

MM just "happened" to have nice camera?

Or troll streets looking for cool old rides?

:rofl: It was pure coincidence. I had just come back from helping a buddy with his 350Z and took my camera to shoot some cool pics on the back roads where he lives. Stopped to get a drink before stopping home, and there he was.