Sightings 2, the not a datsun but... Thread

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

tater were u at talledega....if so im sorry about the 180 laps of sucktastic then one lap of 5 wide to junkyard...that might lead to the end of riding in the back .. the fast cars all had no where to go when the whole track was blocked going 198...me nascar fan... me no happy with product they have put out this year....to many non racing races this year...

dat he lived in a single wide .... if someone waves 85 k for no work being done ... u take it .....super turds arent that rare with clones( and time consuming to prove ot a clone..) now so if u have a chance at top dollar with little investment u take it ... no shit talking ... shit talking was him standing there telling u he was gonna do a 100 pt resto on a car all wwhile he was watching springer and u were trying to sell him isp for his comodore 64.... we are just being real...

hurting for cash... so he signed up for your isp... nice to know this day and age living i a trailer park isnt hurting for cash anymore...my guess hes a bullshitter, he bullshitted u for twenty minutes and u didnt sell him anything thats twenty minutes of yor life u cant get back...

MoPars have these magical little things called "fender tags" and if you are lucky or persistent, "build sheets" from the factory hidden in the headliner, and rear seat cushions, both bottom cushion and seat back. Finding two identical MoPars from the same factory in the same model year is next to impossible. Almost every car was special order by either the customer or dealer.

Also, with the popularity of musclecars, you can have a MoPar certified by Galen Govier to be authentic as an OE car, whether it be a 66 charger or a 70 superbird or a 76 6/auto shitknuckle brown Duster if you want to. His certification holds up at all major car shows and auctions, so its good enough for me.

Those little fender tags included every option code on the car down to the hubcaps, and there are books to look up codes and authenticate your own car. The VIN was also different between base cars like Satellites and Coronets as opposed to Road Runners and Super Bees. Also between base Chargers and R/Ts, the list goes on and on.

MoPars have these magical little things called "fender tags" and if you are lucky or persistent, "build sheets" from the factory hidden in the headliner, and rear seat cushions, both bottom cushion and seat back. Finding two identical MoPars from the same factory in the same model year is next to impossible. Almost every car was special order by either the customer or dealer.

Also, with the popularity of musclecars, you can have a MoPar certified by Galen Govier to be authentic as an OE car, whether it be a 66 charger or a 70 superbird or a 76 6/auto shitknuckle brown Duster if you want to. His certification holds up at all major car shows and auctions, so its good enough for me.

Those little fender tags included every option code on the car down to the hubcaps, and there are books to look up codes and authenticate your own car. The VIN was also different between base cars like Satellites and Coronets as opposed to Road Runners and Super Bees. Also between base Chargers and R/Ts, the list goes on and on.

i know , theres a guy up here that i have worked with for years restoring mopars.....very period correct ... very much 100 pt car...very much labor intensive.....he spends hours recreating factory over spray on to the frame ...and various other things i see as being wierd..... hey people buy shit for wierd reasons... i can say the same for myself... but im a wierdo and i would like the 85k more than a resto that would get picked apart for days while some one decides if they wanna pony up....whaats the saying a bird in hand is worth two in the bush....or 85

tater were u at talledega....if so im sorry about the 180 laps of sucktastic then one lap of 5 wide to junkyard...that might lead to the end of riding in the back .. the fast cars all had no where to go when the whole track was blocked going 198...me nascar fan... me no happy with product they have put out this year....to many non racing races this year...

I was indeed. 1st race attended. Had a pit tour too. I used to watch nascar alot 15 years ago but quit and now I'm kinda getting back into it. The time goes by alot faster in person as opposed to watching the tv. Don't care for the politics bullshit of it. Funny how Earnhardt Jr has a concussion now and will be out for 2 races after his shit-talking session after the race. Btw they were doing 5 wide off and on all day, I'm surprised it took them that long to pile up. This yoyo was there too

0BDAA656-2309-4FA2-8B25-CD8F1A989987-2491-0000027636D93345.jpg

yeah they were five wide alot ... i just get tired of the 40 lap runs where no one does anything anfd just stays in line....they need to make leading a priority again...im like z, was a huge nascar fan then that happened ... kinda lost interest ... but recently the last three years been avid again... but this year seems to be boring.... the 1.5 tracks seem to run green alot ... i wanna see door to door racing ...little rubbing.... really love watching the short tracks...dale jr never been the same since he crashed that corvette and nearly burned up....he became super timid after that... i watched the incar last night after he had that conference ....he did shake around pretty violently...but still i think the kansas practice wreck was the real bummer ... his great consistency started to wane right after all that....now hes back to mediocre and letting people in line more than being aggressive...big jr fan but man he is just a super wuss .....tired of watching a race hoping to see the pushing and soving dale jr ./...instead i get his ass waving out the window letting people in line on restarts.......or dumber and speeding on pitroad on a super speedway that requires u have someone todraft with

as fo teh guy in he pic..... i dont knw what to say...but wow

I was a HUGE NASCAR fan, but once Dale Earnhardt passed I lost all interest. Not sure why as I had always watched; all the way back from when I was little....

:(

NASCAR fans are fans for life, NASCAR driver fans fade away. ;)

back to the sighting #2

saw these at a local show & shine, last August.

IMG_8980.jpg

IMG_8971.jpg

Yet no good photo of the late fifties Ford in the background....

And yes MoPar restorers are a different breed. For some reason its perfectly acceptable to clone a Ford or Chevy even on a daily driver, but MoPar guys shun a car thats not a factory big block and most of the time they wont even look at it if you drive a Belvedere instead of a GTX.

However chrysler corp did have the best color collection and they had Mod Tops. Observe...if I get this photo crap to work

http://andy440.com/modtop.jpg

Anyways theres the link to a 69 Super Bee with the Mod package in green...pretty awesome

used to do door to door sales with kirby vacuums. had mroe full pop(2.5k) sales in trailer parks than anywhere else, and the ppl usually paid in cash. trailer parks get a bad rep cause of hollywood and the news cause bad shit happens at shitty trailer parks. i got into trailers with ppl that were bringing in well over 6 figures, they were just cheapskates and 30 grand for a fairly nice trailer is a lot better than 1-2k a month for a nice apartment, or 150-300k for a decent house. not everyone that lives in a trailer is white trash.

• Like 1