Sightings 2, the not a datsun but... Thread

never tried a valve job on a bimmer. prob never will haha. my sisters e36 used to overheat so we changed out the water pump, fan belts and radiator....sounds easy enough right?

wrong....it "required" special tools to get the fan off the clutch. (we just did it ghetto style with a 15" crescent haha) and bleeding the cooling system is something that I can't figure out. no matter what we did we couldn't get rid of the air pockets...it was terrible and I'm pretty sure the first time I ever drew blood while working on a car. it was the damn radiator fan haha. slipped off the wrench and punched the radiator

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Took the back roads home today, saw a lot of old cars.

FOR SALE! 1959 Ford Thunderbird

IMG_20121010_120411.jpg

The rest are all just random stuff I saw today...

IMG_20121010_121528.jpg

IMG_20121010_121551.jpg

IMG_20121010_121634.jpg

IMG_20121010_121646.jpg

IMG_20121010_122100.jpg

IMG_20120919_134117_zps9f90b6d4.jpg

And this old gas station that closed in 2000... the fuel prices are DEPRESSING!

IMG_20121010_122454.jpg

if someone offered him 85 k for a car that needed restoring hes a fool for not cashing in... living in a trailer park shows u dont xactly have the wherewithal to spend gobs of money on a restore ......bigger question did he buy internet cause if not he def shoulda sold it ...some people are just to stupid to act smart..... that car will never move and probably only decrease in value while he lets a snow storm knock his lean to down on it.....85 k for a car sitting there... fucking idiot shoulda giggled and said thanks

i love hereing people go on about how there gonna do this and that .....i liken this to the adult with the sick turbo charged bimmer on some three piece one off wheels ... yet parks it out side his appt...not theres anything wrong with living in a ppt .. but if he sold the bimmer and his precious wheels he could easily live in his own house with a mortgage payment less then the rent he pays...but on friday night he looks so good cruising the strip looking for tweeners to take back to appt...

that guy had more fun telling u about hwat he was gnna do then interest in your internet isp...cause thats all he has is the story... if he was gonna restore it he would .... if not he should watch barrett jackson and see what garge finds go for .... sign me up if i had that super turd...

botom line trailer park tommy sell the car for 85 k make a better life for you and your family...

SIDENOTE.... ABOVE theory will not work with ratsun.... we have too many datsun that arent worth enough to add up to a down pay on a house....plus u never ... and i mean ever get rid of a datsun to better yourself...you can never be better than owning a datsun .... datto life is a happy life...even my shitty life is better witha datsun in it

Picture taken like 6 months ago :lol:

More like almost a year ago,, but my little nose miner ,, the OP didn`t specify that it had t be taken yesterday..

(edit) ,, saw a 1961 Ferrari 250 GT behind the homeless shelter that a guy was fixing up for his cat,, but didn`t get a picture..

dat he lived in a single wide .... if someone waves 85 k for no work being done ... u take it .....super turds arent that rare with clones( and time consuming to prove ot a clone..) now so if u have a chance at top dollar with little investment u take it ... no shit talking ... shit talking was him standing there telling u he was gonna do a 100 pt resto on a car all wwhile he was watching springer and u were trying to sell him isp for his comodore 64.... we are just being real...

hurting for cash... so he signed up for your isp... nice to know this day and age living i a trailer park isnt hurting for cash anymore...my guess hes a bullshitter, he bullshitted u for twenty minutes and u didnt sell him anything thats twenty minutes of yor life u cant get back...

My guess is you west coast guys have no idea that people that make 6 digits a year still live in trailers in the mountains. :poke:

100% genuine Superbird.

And he was a Datsun guy too.

I LOVE bullshitting with strangers about their cars. It's my favorite part of door to door sales. No time wasted there.

And it was a double wide haha

• Like 1

Unless he has the money to restore it because he lives in a trailer. I'm about to move into a shittier place to lower rent so I have more play money (read: Datto money).

This^

The only thing he didn't have was the paint. The first time they painted it they got the paint from Richard Petty. Sherwin Williams said they could match it if he brought them a chip of it.

fixed

and z speed, sorry that's my bad. I definitely started this and I really don't hate bimmers or bimmer owners. I make fun of them because a lot of the owners are dicks and a lot of bimmers can be bummers. but I'm not in any way trying to say all bmws and their owners are that way. I was trying to be funny. I actually have a massive amount of respect for BMW, mainly their engineering. if you look at a BMW it is technically amazing...just a bitch to take apart lol

"if you look at a BMW it is technically amazing...just a bitch to take apart" - That's extractly why I have owned so many of them and why I don't currently own one, they all ended up needing taken apart. The last was a 540, took forever to get to and remove the driveline and then you couldn't replace the u-joint. You have to buy a remanufactured driveline for $400. Leaking power steering house - remove motor to access. It just goes on and on like that.

My guess is you west coast guys have no idea that people that make 6 digits a year still live in trailers in the mountains. :poke:

100% genuine Superbird.

And he was a Datsun guy too.

I LOVE bullshitting with strangers about their cars. It's my favorite part of door to door sales. No time wasted there.

And it was a double wide haha

I'd be more worried about it getting stolen. Not a place I'd prefer to do a resto on a 100+k car...