Jay Leno goes to Japan to talk about a possible new FairladyZ!

72240z

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How is putting a v8 in it taking away the soul of the z? I mean, I dig the I6 more than any other, but, the concept of the car was to have a light and agile body with a big ass hood and a beefy engine. Ironically that is the definition of a "muscle car". Light chassis, big engine. An I6 would probably be just as likely as a small v8 nowadays.

I personally wouldnt say it taking the soul I would just say it will never happen from the factory. We are not going to see a v8 in a Z for one huge reason and you mentioned it. A Z never was and never will be a Muscle car. It's always been and I hope always will be a true sports car. Something thats most important here because the s30 was the purest of them.

People are welcome to drop w/e power plant they like into them though after the fact.

I actually agree about the concepts ass too, its lifted too high, if they lowered the diffuser down, and revamped the lights, maybe with some trim pieces I think it would look better. Its a concept drawing though, if it actually came from nissan and they decided to go for it you know they would change a lot about it, the rear hatch for example. Concepts are always more aggressive then the production because their job it more to incite excitement and interest. Which I think that one does more then any other.

The fact that If it ever did come with a V8 from factory would not make sense, since it's been a 6 cylinder since the first Z why go bigger. Didn't work well for the M3 as there inline 6 now can pretty outperform there V8, it wouldn't be any different with Nissan. Knowing Nissan I would never expect much from them now but we can only hope.

• 3 weeks later...