Jay Leno goes to Japan to talk about a possible new FairladyZ!

72240z

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good luck getting one of those new muscle cars to last 20 years.......let alone 40.

.......smog laws in Cali prevent American cars from lasting.....20 years is pushing it.

Renault has strangled Datsun/Nissans creativity! That's what happens when accountants not engineers run the design department. The only "out" I can see is for Nissan to sell partially completed chassis groups with a side offer of customer selected drive trains and interior kits for customer or customer selected final assembly and registration as "custom" assembly autos. "Puma" for anyone who remembers this gem? Probability? Zero. The right thing to do? I think so! Then there is the GM fiasco where they destroyed all remaining Pontiac Fiero Chassies lest someone build an unsafe custom and his or her survivors sue GM since it was a GM chassis. Think I am exagerating? Bell helicopters made the first generation Huey copter. Many were transferred to various state National Guard units which proceeded to modify them using in-house or local contractors. Later they were scrapped and sold as surplus. Guess what. many were "rebuilt" by unknown parties and resold. When they crashed and killed the occupants, the survivors sued Bell, the "original", not the unknown and possible unregulated modifiers and won! And kids, that's why manufacturers destroy perfectly good parts and assemblies. You can't trust the lawyers!

S30? is that what that is I thought it was a new Camaro. 'Cmon it looks like a Skyline.

Well it does say Fairlady.. and it has that Z bulge on the hood.. and it does have a Z emblem on the pillar....

:lol:

I think it's mos def a GT-R

I've been driving for more than 45 years and reading about cars for only half of them because they stopped making real cars in the '70s. In all that time there were scores of 'concept cars' that came and went and none were built. Well a few were, but got watered down V6s, or whatever excuse. Concept cars are like the clothes that fashion models wear on the runway. It's to pique interest and hype their line but really, who wears that shit every day? It's all about hype, keep people interested by dangling a carrot in front of them. Pull that GT-R body off and slip an S30 on it

The Nissan Patrol which is only in the middle east I believe has a 5 or 6 liter straight six that makes a ton of power, I think a lightweight straight six powered affordable version of a new Z would be great to compete with the FRS/BRZ, but most likely wouldn't happen since they most likely sell enough of the 370z.

It's a 4.8 L6 but they make stroker kits to 5.2 apparently.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDm6sqrw4h0&feature=related

Yep it's called the TB48DE huge inline 6, there's actually a G35 drag car with one installed can't find videos on that but saw it on a super street mag a few years ago and on the net somewhere.

Here are some more good examples of the TB.

Renault has strangled Datsun/Nissans creativity! That's what happens when accountants not engineers run the design department.

Ya the then the company becomes more profitable then ever lol. Most people forget Nissan was tanking hard before Renault came into the picture.

I totally agree though Renault killed their creativity. I been singing that song a long time and no one seems to care.

Those concepts look like shit imho. This concept was the best there has ever been. Nissan should have either hired the guy or outright copied it.

Datsun_240Z_Concept.jpg

Datsun_240Z_Concept_rear.jpg

Datsun_240Z_Concept_angle.jpg

Datsun_240Z_Concept_side.jpg

Datsun_240Z_Concept_front.jpg

Dump whatever the hell I6 you want into it, put a sub 25k price on it and enjoy the win.

How is putting a v8 in it taking away the soul of the z? I mean, I dig the I6 more than any other, but, the concept of the car was to have a light and agile body with a big ass hood and a beefy engine. Ironically that is the definition of a "muscle car". Light chassis, big engine. An I6 would probably be just as likely as a small v8 nowadays.

Datsun_240Z_Concept_angle.jpg

Wow... Nice updated to the classic Z body. Way better than any of the current 350/370z lines. If I wanted a new sports car I'd highly consider this as long as the power plant was decent.

I think the ass end needs help. Lines could be a bit less round too.

I'll agree the ass could use some more "things" as it seems a little empty. Maybe if the tails were a little bigger. Rest of the lines look great.

If anything should go in the new Z I would love a more modern inline like the RB or TB or a well done inline 4, screw a V8 that's taking the soul of the Z away.

IMO, the same thing happened when they went with a V8 in the newer BMW M3's. Like the Z series the M series had ALWAYS been an inline 6. They should never change the heart and soul of a lineage of a brand. Keep it real....