Beat Work's B210

nismo dr

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Damn, I have yet to see one of these popup on ebay at all, and I've been looking for awhile. Do you remember what they were listed as? Seriously, if you see one let me know!

From time to time means once every 4 months or so. B)

Gotta look for awhile. I normally would search "B210 Sunny" 2-3 times a week. Or ask this guy: http://stores.ebay.com/tokyo2u

About 75% of the ones I see posted are being sold by him. :thumbup:

From time to time means once every 4 months or so. B)

Gotta look for awhile. I normally would search "B210 Sunny" 2-3 times a week. Or ask this guy: http://stores.ebay.com/tokyo2u

About 75% of the ones I see posted are being sold by him. :thumbup:

Yes, I'm familar with that ebayer. Guess I've just got to keep looking.

The factory piece is textured plastic. You could make one from metal though? Or "shave" the plate recess to look like the base model Sunny?

2234.jpg

hmm, i completely overlooked this reply, i think this can be mocked up bending some sheet metal and then trimming it with a dremel, i could be way overly ambitious but i think it can be done. i have to get rid of a few holes in my floor before i can start thinking too much about this, though. :P

hmm, i completely overlooked this reply, i think this can be mocked up bending some sheet metal and then trimming it with a dremel, i could be way overly ambitious but i think it can be done.

It wouldn't be tough at all. If you had a piece of sheet metal with a smooth curve to it, trim it to fit, it would work just fine. The only tricky bit will be welding the thin metal of the tail light panel.

Obviously, you'll need the JDM/OZ bumper to move the plate down below, and then add a license plate light behind the bumper, ala the 1200.

I'm thinking cutting out a piece of a large diameter thin wall metal barrel? Something like this...

30106102.jpg

Just cut it with a dremel so you don't bend it up...

Like the B210s. I wish the JDM version of the 510 bumper was similar to the B210s in the way that it allows you to mount the license plate lower (instead of just having a bumper light in it). That way you could roll and pull you license plate all Boso style.

Like the B210s. I wish the JDM version of the 510 bumper was similar to the B210s in the way that it allows you to mount the license plate lower (instead of just having a bumper light in it). That way you could roll and pull you license plate all Boso style.

Ah, now it makes sense. :thumbup:

FYI, tons of 510 guys do this anyway. Easy enough to move the plate below the bumper and shave the plate recess. You won't have the plate cutout, but you can have the "look". Of course, if you're planning to get the rear bumper rechromed at some point, you could notch it yourself?

Do it. B)