Old Datsuns at Toyota museum in Japan

I just got back from Japan and went to the Toyota museum in Nagoya. There were a few 100 cars on display, lots of early 1900s US cars, super nice Euro cars from the 20s-40s, and Japanese cars from the 30s to 80s. There were about 10 Datsuns there, unbelievably not a 510 or Skyline but an early Bluebird, Sunny, Roadster, 1970 240Z and some cool early ones.. check them out.

Heres a list of all the cars at the museum.

http://www.toyota.co.jp/Museum/data_e/d02_01.html

The coolest was this 1937 Datsun Model 16 sedan:

2008_05250206.jpg

2008_05250207.jpg

1956 Datsun Model 112

2008_05250208.jpg

2008_05250209.jpg

Misc micro cars from the 50s-60s

2008_05250211.jpg

2008_05250212.jpg

2008_05250213.jpg

2008_05250214.jpg

Bluebird

2008_05250215.jpg

Roadster

2008_05250218.jpg

Crazy bus

2008_05250223.jpg

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They have a tiny ~20 car museum on the ground floor of the Nissan headquarters in Ginza and the one car Nissan Gallery a few blocks from there. There is also a 3 car Nissan Gallery in the underground mall at the Sakae train station.

Yes, Toyota has way more money, definitely the biggest automaker in Japan. The Toyota museum was out of Nagoya almost in the country. It was huge and well worth the trip..

wonder what they do with those cars to keep them from leaking. Wonder if they drain all the fluids from the motors or what? Wonder what they do to preserve the vehicles.

Everything there looks very shiney.. wonder if they repaint them all before they go on display..

I have also been to the Toyota Museum in Nagoya. It is three floors of coolness with all makes and models including US domestics and the European makes...

All the cars were on screw type jack stands and only the leaky ones had pans under them, if you look at the pictures you can see the pans and the stands. I really wanted to see the shop where they work on the cars, all were like new. I think they were all original not repainted cars.

All the cars were on screw type jack stands and only the leaky ones had pans under them, if you look at the pictures you can see the pans and the stands. I really wanted to see the shop where they work on the cars, all were like new. I think they were all original not repainted cars.

Hmm, very interesting.....