NEED HELP! Radiator

You guys....... :rolleyes:

Hi All

I have a '73 620 that has had an engine swap done to it. I believe it is a z24 engine but dont know the year - I was told perhaps 83. Any way the radiator is shot and I need a replacement however I am unable to find one that fits. The dimensions are 16.75 wide by 13 high - core measurements - 17 inches right to the top. I've included a link to a picture if anyone can tell me what it is and where I can find another that would be great.

https://www.facebook...&type=3

If a ratsun member, eventually you will need to post your own pictures anyway so why not now? All you need to do is open a FREE Photobucket account and store your Ratsun pictures there. When requesting help I find that you get a better response if you supply as much info as possible including a posted picture anyone can casually look at. Often you have to refer back to the original post and darn it there's no picture and only a link to one, and that slows the process. f/b??? Pfffft (my contribution)

It's the internet and perceived tough guy attitude and sarcasm attracts flaming like flies to shit. It's bad enough being a noob. Play the game and the help will roll in.

The Z24 is probably going to make more heat than the L16 rad that's likely in there now. The L20B rad is larger (I have had several three core) but the inlet is over on the other side to the left. For some reason the early L16 rads were just like in your picture and on the right.

To fit larger L20B rads, the rad support on '75 and up 620s had a forward bend in them for more room. The L20B also has a clutch fan that makes a tight fit also. Not sure what you are running on the Z24 rad clearance ... an L20B rad might fit. you would to route the upper hose to the other side.

CIMG1198.JPG

This is a Z22 rad from an earlier '81-'82 720. (the S10 (200sx) rad is very similar in size but with L20B top inlet on the left) I have one in my 620 (and a Z24) and it's too wide. Does not fit between the high beam headlights and mine is on an angle. Also the rad support had to be cut larger to let more air in. It works but not advisable on a 620.

afb4cca5.jpg

I would highly recommend a fan shroud to increase cooling efficiency at low speeds/idle. All 620s had them. You may have to make something if that's a Z24 fan.

227956_10151217517076005_133672079_n.jpg

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well the clutch still sticks out even with the fan blades off of it. The clutch is also integral with the pump and can only be cut off. An earlier non clutch pump can be used with the fan left off.

A 620 fan won't fit a Z24 clutch fan.

• 3 weeks later...

thanks for all the help but I'll look else where perhaps a forum with less shit talk and before you say it - I came here for some help and got bs back at me for a hard to find radiator - nothing more to say

REALY what about the 2 links I gave you to a site you could order any radiator you like even one with the dimensions you posted with reasonable prices and you are still having attitude problems

good luck

908 posts > 24 posts

http://www.outlawrad...ml#priceresults

when you open this you will have to go to the page that has 73 620 pickup radiators

good luck now I have tried to help you twice in two threads for the same thing

good luck

and no facebook involved

DONE

Man I wish I would have asked here first... local radiator shop here in Oceanside wanted $400 to re-core mine. I have a KA24DE conversion (620) but the rad that was there already had the inlet on the passenger side but core was turning to dust ! I opted for a 1980 RX-7 rad but had to have the necks modified because the lower one was angled directly into the alternator, plus they were wrong diameter (i know, i know... adapters and all that, long story but I didn't like the options so I just did what I did to get it done). Whole deal ended up almost costing almost as much as the re-core was going to,but it's a 3-row core rad that fits nicely and clears the BMW lights with no problems

Also about the board drama going on here... to the OP, I hope you stick around, it's actually a pretty good board and one of the best for Datsun info, especially the trucks imo. As many others in the world and here on this board too, I avoid FB for many reasons and therefore do not have an account to even see anything (don't you need an account to even see the public stuff?).. So when someone comes here for help and they don't want to bother posting a pic with their post and instead basically say "I'm here for help but you have to come over to FB to help me" I think it's a bit.... lazy (besides tha fact the link is broken)..

So I'd recommend that If you are going to be here and participate, then put some effort into it B) Good luck on the radiator situation.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.