Japans online Auto sale

obviously a van

http://exchange.goo-...0001/index.html

:rofl: :rofl:

Did you check out the features listed on this van?? :w00t: ...For your life! :rofl:

features:classic model,no mileage data,need to ask price,middle displacement,simple equipment,professional,right handle,smoke free,ordinary engined,commonly used,not smart key,need a key,regular seats,no airbags,regular steering,no Parking Camera,no air conditioner,no ABS,no ESC,vivid color,no repaired

For Your Life.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually that packaging looks like it was good when it left. You think welding a full metal frame with mounts for the engine and tranny is standard? lol Someone took some time to crate that up.

I have seen some JUST stretch wrapped to a pallet. Even seen one JUST shrink wrapped with a chain bolted to it for lifting, left to roll around like a weeble.

Dude you should offer a service where you go and check out cars for people they are interested in having exported make some cash check out some cars doesn't sound like a bad gig to me... They have some awesome stuff on that site. but i would have a hard time paying for a car like that w/o seeing it in person.. or at least having someone who can check it out and give you a honest unbiased opinion..

Thats called a broker and there are a ton in Japan. Everyone wants that easy middle man money.

What fool would try and buy a car on the other side of the world without one? lol

I live here in japan. Goo-net is cool, they have an android app too but its all in nihongo kanji stuffs. they have english on their site, but in order to check out some of them your japanese must be pretty good. most places dont have an english speaker there.

also, in general i would say that the classics are mostly good 10ft cars, up close you will find some horrorshow rust repairs. one shop that is on there that flex auto review, i went to it in yokohama a little subway ride from my apartment. the old skylines looked good, but upon further inspection were terrible basket cases covered up with packed in bondo. we are talking the bottom of the door and body below the door stuffed with filler and bondo, the trunk was made of fiberglass because the original had rusted away. it looked like a spare tire would fall through the floorboard of the trunk.

not all shops are like this, but i believe that many believe that the look is more important than the function and how safe or solid the cars are.

IMHO

If thats the case, I wonder why they dismantled my 1200 sedan? It was a great driver and all it needed was a paint job and fix the exhaust leak at the mainfold. Take a look on here at "What's Ratdat's car doing in Japan".................I have a friend that lives in Yamanashi that wanted to get a Hummer---no room on the streets! Yokohama is nice!

. You can bid on cars, of course, but import, EPA, customs would most like be a pain in the ass.

No, it's not too tough. I imported a car from Australia, and getting it home and in my driveway was reasonably easy. Being naive, I didn't use a broker and did all the paperwork myself. It is not as hard as people think. Cal DMV was a LOT tougher than any federal agency I dealt with..

The wording in my previous post was maybe too strong without details. If the person speaks and reads the language or has some connections inside the country they plan to import the car from then its not THAT bad. Especially if dealing with a very reputable seller.

That said though there are so many horror stories about people ordering their cars and getting shit delivered to them. Then what can they do besides cry about it? lol

Even high profile builds have discovered all kinds of shit along the way. Janky work or hidden problems etc... sometimes the company selling may not even know but a broker is paid among other things, to find out.

I think there is a datsun from the philippines that has that same front end. Believe a couple years ago we were talking about it but I cant remember the name now.