Datsun Auto Wrecking in SD

REDnGOLD

I thought I'd share this w/ you. I thought i was in heaven (auto wrecking heaven) when i saw it.

20120926_113502.jpg

But much to my disappointment, the Datsun part was because their main auto wrecking lot is on Datsun St. Just about a block from where billboard is located. I know coz I asked. I dont know if its funny or sad. But i thought I'd share it w/ you.

Too bad it today isnt April Fools day. :)

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Datsun Street actually used to have a ton of Datun wreckers back in the day, which is how the street got it's name. My dad used to haul my brother and I down there in his 280Z 2+2 in the early 80's.

Sadly, All Nissan Wreckers over on Nirvana Avenue, just down the hill, went out of business several years ago. That place was a gold mine. I miss it. :(

The fun part is searching for "datsun" in auto parts on Craigslist. Every MF'ing wrecker on Datsun street is parting out a car and advertising it on CL.

That is darn ashame.

There is a Japanese Car Auto Wrecking & AsianKars in Energy Way tho. Called the 1st one looking for 610 & 510 cars & one of the dude referred the other. Called but no one picked up. Will prolly come & check it out tomorrow if i have time but i think you are right about some of those autowreckers posting them on CL.