Officially a legit Ratsun member, new owner :-)...

BlkSSnCPT

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome aboard. The 510 looks great. Color matched to that bad ass tow rig too.

I always wanted a Silverado SS with its AWD. The 6.0l in it must pull that trailer prettty well, Now if they had only put the Z06 engine in it.

My DD is an '02 Silverado 2WD, short box with a standard cab and 5.3L. Makes merging onto the freeway a piece of cake.

not a bad first post new guy :P

Not a bad datsun either!!!

hmmmm, someone must have read a few posts and paid attention ;) Welcome to Ratsun and the addiction that is datsunitus :D

What are your plans/end goals?

haha, thnx man I'm on a few forums for the truck so i know the routine :D ...

I'm not quiet sure yet, i've always liked the sr swap but that is very common nowadays thus those motors are more expensive now because of the demand so i dont know... honestly i was thinking a vq or a chevy 4.8, that should really make it move :w00t:!!! but that's way down the road, i want to focus on getting the stock 16 running so i can daily it, having the truck, house and now this my fun funds are looking thin...

Welcome aboard. The 510 looks great. Color matched to that bad ass tow rig too.

I always wanted a Silverado SS with its AWD. The 6.0l in it must pull that trailer prettty well, Now if they had only put the Z06 engine in it.

My DD is an '02 Silverado 2WD, short box with a standard cab and 5.3L. Makes merging onto the freeway a piece of cake.

thnx man, mine is an 06 so it's just rwd... still pulls great tho, I've putting a little work into it aswell...

thanks for the warm welcome, i hope to learn from the forum and it's members, hopefully make some good friends as i have on the truck forums I'm already on...

-Rob

i think you got a great start looks good and welcome to ratsun

yea it's not bad at all, i took my coworker to check it out during my lunch and i got to really look it over in the daylight and man I'm really REALLY happy with it right now... thank you for the welcome...

Nice! I like the rims. Have the same ones on my 620.

yea, i'm digging the rims too... the guy i bought it from said he had these on his two door till he swapped them...

edit: more pics

i-Phone2009.jpg

i-Phone2008.jpg

i-Phone2001.jpg

my pup

i-Phone2010.jpg

-Rob

Whichever engine you choose try for the lowest weight you can. For reference the L16 was about 265 lbs, the L20B about 15-20 more pounds. The KA and the VG are about 100 pounds over that and they seem to work without upsetting the balance too much. So something aluminum? and hopefully under 300 pounds. Maybe move the battery to the trunk to gain 50 pounds grace. The 510 is renowned for it's handling above all else. Be a shame to exchange that for fast in a straight line if you can have both..

Welcome from down under.

Good intro post.

Looks like a great starting platform to build a nice ride !

Thank you...

Whichever engine you choose try for the lowest weight you can. For reference the L16 was about 265 lbs, the L20B about 15-20 more pounds. The KA and the VG are about 100 pounds over that and they seem to work without upsetting the balance too much. So something aluminum? and hopefully under 300 pounds. Maybe move the battery to the trunk to gain 50 pounds grace. The 510 is renowned for it's handling above all else. Be a shame to exchange that for fast in a straight line if you can have both..

Yea, I was thinking about that earlier... Now that I actually have the car I've been running thru the options and that was one thing I had never really considered; the weight issue, but the alum gm 8's aren't too bad on the weight it's the tranny I'm more concerned with in reference to weight... But that's way down the line, for now I'll focus on getting it running in its stick form :-)... Thanks for the words of advice tho...

-Rob