The only vw I ever loved

Rustina 510

My dad is currently obsessed with building a corvair with a Porsche 911 turbo motor like we did for me in a 1964 vw square back when I was in highschool, by far the scariest car to drive ever but, but seeing a primer red vw 2 door Volkswagen from the 60's with a rag top with a pinto roof rak and a completely quiet 86 Porsche 911 turbo engine, asking the rich kid BMW next to me at the red light to roll down his window and ask him if he wants to race, he laughs, I show him a 20$ bill, he still laughs as he nods yes and revs the motor...

Green light... The dude is shocked as I blow off the light with the turbo spooling like a demon child on fire, the front wheels come off the ground in first, and only touch the ground to shift. "by this time I'm scared of crashing" 2nd gear and I'm already 3/4 car ahead, power shift into third and get a little. White tire burn as i get to 100 mph and the rest is a distant memory. But the dick never paid...

My dad loved that car even though we made it for me, the coolest car I ever owned and my second turbo car right behind the conquest, talk about the ultimate sleeper car

This is the only picture I have left of her

6FD6E8FA-DEA9-489A-9690-F33AAE37885C-1571-0000029BF350F0AE.jpg

My sister bought the car for me for my 18th birthday, no motor, no trans.

My dad being the big American car guy he didn't like it or even want it in his garage when we first towed it in.

Got a 1600 pancake motor, and 4 speed. Drive it for a few months and collected money to make a big vw motor, got a call from my uncle who happens to work at a junk yard, he didn't tell me what it was, " just said, get your stupid ass over here now" so I came to the junkyard after hours. He walked me and my pops to the new inbound yard, and their was a Porsche, nothing to special, and the entire front end was totally waisted.

My dad was actually mad, " made me miss dinner and Seinfeld for this piece of shit!?!?!?" and my uncle laughed and said he can put this perfect motor in the wagon, the entire rear end is in perfect shape.

So... At first my dad said no, but I had the money then, I talked him into it, and we picked up the whole motor and rear end, it didn't take much work to get it in their as the vw also had a rear boxer engine, just a bit smaller.

Still was the fastest 1/4 mile car I ever had, we kept 100lbs of cement in the front trunk to help keep it on the ground.

I sold it to a friend, and picked up a 76 280z, my first Datsun, and that's a whole other story.

My friend ended up crashing it and hurting himself and his girlfriend pretty bad, i think she even lost a couple toes, no open toe shoes for you girl. Lol

hard to imagine all this happenned in the mid 90's, seems like it wasn't that long ago.

Thx for reading my rant. My wagon is getting some classic steelies and a friend mentioned corvair wheels and for some reason this all ended up in a new thread.

I'll show the corvair wagon 911 turbo if my ancient old school dad can learn how to send picture with out using ups ill put them up, I heard that he just got his first microwave

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What I really wanted was a notchback. Super cool body lines on the type 3 series

Yeah the two door is schweet

If I ever get something like that it's going to be one of these.

Volvo p1800

vox_volvo_p1800_lead.jpg

Or the wagon if I'm lucky.

Volvo%20P1800%20ES%20Sport%20Wagon.jpg

I actually know where a wagon is sitting buy I haven't had any cash so no reason to try to get it. The same guy has 7 240 sedans and one is a rally car.