What seats are you using in your 510??

illest

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have some seats belived to be from Mazda RX7 of the mid 1980's. They were in the car when I bought it and it appears that minimal modifications were made to make them fit. The datsun seat mounting rails appear to have some slotting of the mounting holes front and rear.

2735264c.jpg

Sorry about the crappy picture - here is a better one in an RX7

1985_Maxda_RX7_GS_California_Survivor_Original_Paint_For_Sale_Interior_resize.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I have some Recaros out of a MKII GTI that fit right onto the stock 510 seat rails after drilling new holes for the front bolts. The height is perfect for me (I am 5'8") and the slide and recline work perfectly. I dig the seats & get compliments constantly on how they 'grab' you!

recaro.jpg

+ 1 but mine have been re-upholstered

1990-1993 Acura Integra seats, with the Integra seat sliders. I simply had to bend the front mounting eyelet from the stock Integra 45deg angle, to almost flat so it laid flat on top of the seat crossmember, and they lined right up with the stock 510 mounting holes. If you use the stock stamped steel 510 seat mounting brackets, you simply need to drill a new hole to mount the rear of the Integra seat slider to the bracket. I did NOT use the Integra seatbelt assemblies that you see on the inside of the seats, they simply unbolted from the seat frame.

Cheap & comfortable!

integraseats1.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Yes on the AW11 model. I have the Vinyl 16V MR2 seats in my car. Previous owner installed them, and just welded the MR2 sliders to the 510 sliders...

Anyways I love them, everyone says they hold you super well, and the driver side has adjustable bolster. Except the vinyl is old and tearing at the seams. I think its time to get a fitted seat cover for them.

I agree with the honda options, either prelude or civic seats. Both are about as comfortable as any seat I've ever sat in, and I pulled my prelude seats out of the junk yard for $35 a pop, can't really beat that, just scrubbed them with some cleaner and they were good to go. Only thing you really need to do to get them in is cut some pieces of steel to match up the bolt patterns. I know that both seats come from coupe style cars, so they fold forward well.

weld the stock 510 slides to the mr2 ones with a slight offset so they line up with the factory 510 holes i had the mr2 seats in my 72 and loved them only down fall to the mr2 is they6 dont tip as well but the passenger if you slide forward and tip gives you enough room to get in the rear seat if you have a 4 door no problem

I have preylude seats in my 68 and they are very comfortable but dont mount up as nice you have to drill new holes

• 3 weeks later...

I've gone with 350Z seats, and they look and feel great!

DSCN4149.jpg

DSCN4683.jpg

IMG_6222.jpg

IMG_6246.jpg

IMG_6219.jpg

IMG_6221.jpg

I just need to put on those side plastic covers to hide the hinges and it'll be more stock looking! :)

• Like 1

Looks like you are missing the side plastic on the driver seat. Is that because it doesn't fit, or because you don't have it?

See the last line under the pics? :P

I just need to put on those side plastic covers to hide the hinges and it'll be more stock looking! :)

I have them in the trunk, just need to slap them in.

• Like 1