shift lever bushings

doomdatsun

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

just an update for fools like me searching for this, IDK about you but there no way in hell you'll find any.

I concluded that one should use an early style lever with circular hole with its bushings, other way is to weld the rectangle box shut, then measure where you want the hold (short or long shift) then drill it smooth, chamfer it fine, and install it and your done.

just a question, is it possible to repair the lever section of the gearbox(gears selector) without opening the whole gearbox? I assume it has some kind of bushings inside that are replaced

I'm not sure about the plastic bushings at the pivot pin point but I believe the plastic bushing at the bottom of the shifter is still available from Nissan. Part number is 32861-N4200 - it's used on 280Z and possiby the same for many Nissans of that era.

9678D8E8-B49A-4AEA-AECD-AB2C1B6F1905-2092-00000458C86618D0.jpg

That would be part #32 on this diagram

Part #31 is 32855-H1010 but there are aftermarket metal ones that could potentially be more durable.

S30-078A-01.JPG