510 Goon IRS Swap - goin lower...

]2eDeYe

So a couple of my buds are doin a small bit of work on this goon. You may have seen it around here from time to time.

IMG_1890.jpg

IMG_1889.jpg

Something wicked this way comes....

IMG_4225_zpsa84a56dd.jpg

Of course, some shit has to go before it get's there.

IMG_4226_zps7c4cfd74.jpg

IMG_4242_zps514038fa.jpg

IMG_4243_zps83e2a56c.jpg

IMG_4246_zpsb38f451b.jpg

IMG_4245_zps82f9038d.jpg

IMG_4245_zps82f9038d.jpg

IMG_4247_zps5e064b0e.jpg

Sizing up the situation.

IMG_4239_zps30ace126.jpg

IMG_4240_zps9e92688d.jpg

Some parts that will stay and some that will go.

IMG_4238_zps8fad0249.jpg

The plan is for coil-overs , probably coming through the wheel wells. We'll see how that works out. :)

I'll be stopping in and taking pics during the swap and offering a hand here and there so there should be some regular updates til it's driving again.

Link to their shop.

http://idolrides.com/

They do hydro graphics and powder coat as well as general mechanical and fab. :cool:

IMG_3784.jpg

• Like 1
  • Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

IRS goons are awesome! Was the cutting done with a oxy torch? Looks rough for a plasma cut. If it was serious props to the torcher! Cutting upside down under a car with a oxy torch is NOT easy! What diff is going in there? Hope its a LSD :w00t: I have always liked that goon and the driver isn't too shabby ether ;)

If going to all that effort, why not S13 IRS ? 510 IRS is terrible compared.

Sweet goon.

Cost an availability. The S13 stuff requires a lot more modifications and they have the access more 510 stuff.

It is one of my favorites for sure.

IRS goons are awesome! Was the cutting done with a oxy torch? Looks rough for a plasma cut. If it was serious props to the torcher! Cutting upside down under a car with a oxy torch is NOT easy! What diff is going in there? Hope its a LSD :w00t: I have always liked that goon and the driver isn't too shabby ether ;)

Yep torch cuts. They get lots of practice with it. :lol:

Hey. Isn't this the girl my 2 1/2 year old twin sons where crushing on at canby? I couldn't forget pink rims.

Great wagon. Subscribed

Most definitely was the same one.

I always liked this goon ...... what front struts does she have?? ... . front camber plates or adjustable control arms?

I think it has cut coils, no camber plates that I saw. I will find out the details and let you know. .I know it is getting upgraded also. :)

Can you show pics to where that was bolted into place under the car?

Very interested

Better pics of this will be taken when the suspension is pulled back out. It is dificult to see whats going in with it in the way. It will be in and out a bunch during the build.

Ah! I love that there's a build thread! Thanks guys for the thread & all the hard work Idol Rides does for me!

Glad to post it up for you. It's one of my favorite goons and now it's getting even cooler :)

Please post some more pic of the IRS swap

Keep yer pants on, there will be more pics :lol:

mmmmmm goon irs-ing......mmmmmm more please ...full plate of yummies

nom nom .. :P

We had to measure and fit and measure and fit then drill holes for the mount. There are unfortunately no stock mounting points on this year wagon.

Lots more work to do....Pics to come

What is up Brad, welcome to ratsun my friend. :D

• Like 1

i see what u meant b u had a guy to do your p/c when i offered.... looks like they have some cool stuff... I like that printing...seen it done a few times and its pretty cool how its done.....seen pics of this car but it should be real low when this is done....i always liked the idea of a irs goon... i remember that white one from the longest running cl add....it got irs'd....

i see what u meant b u had a guy to do your p/c when i offered.... looks like they have some cool stuff... I like that printing...seen it done a few times and its pretty cool how its done.....seen pics of this car but it should be real low when this is done....i always liked the idea of a irs goon... i remember that white one from the longest running cl add....it got irs'd....

Ya, the hydro graphics stuff is neat.

Jeff and Frank have both had their brains picked on this one as they built that white one and both are real local. ;)

http://community.rat.../page__hl__doom

Thanks Stephen. This is still your thread :P keep up the good work!

I'll see what I can do. :lol:

are those rota alexia's?

I believe they are Rota Aleica's yes.