Datsun 620 powersteering conversion

I have a datsun 620 powersteering conversion parts. It comes with modified 280zx ps gearbox that bolts right up to the frame, 720 tilt steering shaft, and mr2 electric power steering pump and reservoir. Just needs lines and wire the pump. I have only gone far as putting in the gearbox and the steering shaft. Drove it for a while could use a little more bracing on the shaft and firewall..

Asking $250 for the setup. Just the mr2 pump alone goes for almost $300.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi;

I have a 1973 Datsun 620 pickup

1. So if you drove it then why are you selling it, did it not work right.?

2. Did you have it in a 620 pickup ?

3. Does anything need to be rebuilt on these units..?

4. Do you have ALL of the Brackets for the pump, and steering box.?

5. Will the Electric pump last as long as an original pump.?

6. I have a 1973... 620 pickup, so do I need to change the Pitman arm, or any other steering linkage, like the Tie Rod, and ETC.?

7. Do you have any pictures ?

8. Do you by chance live in California, so I could come by, and take a look ?

Thanks,

George.

Was this ever running or just some parts collection?

I did this and the 280zx box does not just 'bolt in', it's close but mods are needed. also the 720 column doesn't 'bolt up' to the box. I had to make my own bracket and custom mount for a D-21 engine driven pump and lines. It did work trouble free for years.

Hi;

I have a 1973 Datsun 620 pickup

1. So if you drove it then why are you selling it, did it not work right.?

Because my AC and PS pump won't fit and AC is more of a priority. I drove it but needs more bracing like my original post.

2. Did you have it in a 620 pickup ?

Yes it was in my 620 pickup.

3. Does anything need to be rebuilt on these units..?

I dont see why it would need to be rebuilt. Might need adjustment but it was fine when I had it.

4. Do you have ALL of the Brackets for the pump, and steering box.?

Pump is from an Toyota mr2 and I haven't installed the pump but it wouldnt be so hard to make a bracket for this pumps.

Steering box bolts to the stock location using stock bolts. Two out of the three.

5. Will the Electric pump last as long as an original pump.?

I don't know but these mr2 pump is very popular among people that converts to electric powered vehicles. Plus it frees up the engine.

6. I have a 1973... 620 pickup, so do I need to change the Pitman arm, or any other steering linkage, like the Tie Rod, and ETC.?

The steering gearbox already has a 620 pitman arm bolted on to it so you just bolt it in. No other mod needed to bolt the steering box. Again, it;s modified to be bolted in.

7. Do you have any pictures ?

http://community.rat...tup-on-the-620/

8. Do you by chance live in California, so I could come by, and take a look ?

I live in kansas city.

Thanks,

George.

I answered all your question inside the quote box. As datzenmike said, you'll need to get the lines from a hardbody or buy a universal one online.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.