Red n Gold n Green

REDnGOLD

just fyi a 510 grill doesnt stand a chance of fitting on a 610 the 610 grill is way deeper then a 510 one tracking down a 73 grill is your best bet but you would need the fenders and valance to go with it whats wrong with the 74 one?

as for the broken shock mount bolt why cant a shop get it out? there is more then enough room to get a drill and tap in that area sounds like there just being lazy

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

as for the broken shock mount bolt why cant a shop get it out? there is more then enough room to get a drill and tap in that area sounds like there just being lazy

It's a stud. He didn't have a bolt break off inside of a hole, it's the threaded part itself that is now missing.

If you can't attach another one, you may be able to drill, tap, and insert a replacement stud or even use a bolt. Grade 8, anti-seize. Rinse, never repeat.

just fyi a 510 grill doesnt stand a chance of fitting on a 610 the 610 grill is way deeper then a 510 one tracking down a 73 grill is your best bet but you would need the fenders and valance to go with it whats wrong with the 74 one?

I meant 73 610 grill. as far as the shop, i think they are just lazy.

It's a stud. He didn't have a bolt break off inside of a hole, it's the threaded part itself that is now missing.

If you can't attach another one, you may be able to drill, tap, and insert a replacement stud or even use a bolt. Grade 8, anti-seize. Rinse, never repeat.

actually, that's exactly what happened. i snapped/broke off the head of the bolt that holds the shock absorber. the remaing bolt is still inside

im not sure about micro i could be remembering wrong but on mine it was a bolt with a large washer that threaded into the boss that the shock sat on brb going to check my shit

edit : on my car its a bolt but my rear suspension came from the 76 so maybe its a late model thing?

9AC264C5-orig_zps5be28263.jpg

your car is a 74 right? i know that they made changes all threw the 610 model run maybe this is one of them? what was with the other side? was it a nut or a bolt

edit: just looked at my 76 fsm and it says it should be nuts on a stud...... my car is a bolt style and i know its all original because i have all the service receipts from the yellow car since new seems we have an interesting mystery on our hands either that or nissan was to lazy to make new pics when they made the newer manual

Not even 2 months when she left Steve's home, I got a txt from this clown.

capture_84_zpscda4090f.jpg

I hope he is not one of your friends.

This dude lied to me about the car. He said he's a cop & he had own the car for 8 yrs. Yet, he doesnt know anything about the history of the car. Yet, he cant answer me when i asked what kind of oil he uses & when was the last time he did an oil change. Yet, the pink slip is still under Steve's name. Did i say he claimed he's law inforcement? I should report this guy as he may do the same thing when he tries to sell or trade my old whip.

my old whip & the green sexy. hmmm i should just call her Green Sexy

8002120102_0a2a27dcea_b.jpg

8002117862_8fb09bfca6_b.jpg

Impersonation of a police officer is a felony! Report the bastard and let his future roomie explain the "can we just get along" to him,

Impersonation of a police officer is a felony! Report the bastard and let his future roomie explain the "can we just get along" to him,

Thanks. My cousin in law is a cop. He told me the same thing. He asked for his info.

Your in SD and your not a Charger fan (What d fuck!!!!!!)

My whole fam (bro, sis, wife, inlaws, cousins, etc are all Bolts fan. Long story for me.

niners ftw

+100000000000000000000

i traded him d miata. I think i got hosed too. I couldve sold the car for more then bought off this green 610 & w/ d leftover $$$ i could've gotten a rear coilovers & stuffs

But its ok. I've already moved on. As soon as i can get this suspension fixed then Im golden. I havent really taken d car for a joy ride since i got her to SD.

Lots in need of replacing: freeze plug, stuck accelarator, brakes, suspension. I still got to get the tranny checked.

I don't get why the shop couldn't fix the broken bolt....just spray some WD on that shit and go at it with a reverse drill bit....sometimes they catch and start working their way out...if not, there's plenty of room for a Heli-coil. Simple if you're handy with a drill.

I don't get why the shop couldn't fix the broken bolt....just spray some WD on that shit and go at it with a reverse drill bit....sometimes they catch and start working their way out...if not, there's plenty of room for a Heli-coil. Simple if you're handy with a drill.

I gonna try this is tomorrow or fri. Thanks Triple240z

It was a pleasure to meet you at JCCS. I am very happy to see this thread...it literally brought a tear to my eye. I have seen this car since Sliding Creep owned it...I couldn't be prouder if I had owned the car myself. I helped Steve with a few things on this car during the time it was in his most capable care. Let me know how I can help, once again, in bringing this car back to her glory...

BTW: you don't have LSD...you have my old open R180 with 3.36s...I am still kicking myself for that...

• Like 1

I was more happy that I'm not losin' my marbles :) REDnGOLD's is an earlier 610, and so is yours, so it must be a bolt style that they used in those. I've only replaced shocks on my 76', and haven't on the 73' yet, so the stud style is all I've seen. They must have switched over from a bolt to a stud in 75' or 76'.

Thanks fr the correction William. BTW, do you know if Steve had rebuild the tranny too or was it the same tranny that Sliding Creep had?

I have his number. I will prolly call him up on friday evening.

Same 5 speed transmission as Sliding Creep, no rebuild that I am aware of.

• Like 1

I was more happy that I'm not losin' my marbles :) REDnGOLD's is an earlier 610, and so is yours, so it must be a bolt style that they used in those. I've only replaced shocks on my 76', and haven't on the 73' yet, so the stud style is all I've seen. They must have switched over from a bolt to a stud in 75' or 76'.

yeah my car is an early one BUT i pulled the entire rear subframe from the 76 so suspension wise the whole car is late model