Red n Gold n Green

REDnGOLD

a few updates:

• Got d rear suspension fixed. Will prolly go w/ a shorter camaro or WRX shock in d future.
  • T3 camber plates, 510 shortened stut assembly paired w/ Tokico blues (280zx) & GC coilovers finally installed in d front.
  • Finally got the overheating issue resolved. Many thanks to those who had helped me here.
  • installed a thermostat
  • Front fenders rolled.
  • new ignition coil will be installed nxt wk.

how she looks like right now.

8377825014_4f8dcaedd8_c.jpg

8377830928_3bac101a3d_c.jpg

Photoshoped wheel color. Im liking it

8377204205_45dd9fa2ee_c.jpg

• Like 2
  • Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Nice job.  Good place for pictures ( park.) because it is there where the "Park Bench" bumpers belong. Any member that has the 73 bumper brackets on hand can give you the dimensions or better off build new brackets with the templates.  You can adapt your existing bumper ( w/o the Park Bench model spacers and bumper brackets) to the 73 brackets and mount them on. The only difference between 73 and post 73 valances is that the 73 is recesed, bent inwards. You can also mod your later valance to conform to 73 shape simply by bending it, no cutting, no adding, just bending.  73 brackets need this valance beding for bumper to fit "in" closer to car, and higher up too. Park Bench bumper brackets position bumper further away from car and further lower than originally intended by Datsun. Remember Park Bench bumpers is a product / it was compelled onto Datsun by US 5mph laws.

LIke your spoiler, nice, my only concern 'd be parking lot spot "stops", and curbs.  Watch out !

• Like 1
There was a ridiculous amount of noise, and the picture was tiny so I did the best I could... 

8527792510_a54ac54b1d_o.jpg

was playing around w/ one of the filter on photoshop. I think i over sharpen the pix.  Thanx

Mean and clean, any plans for a front bumper?

510 bumper in d future. lighter & thinner

thats what throws me it already had a front bumper

I didnt like that heavy thing. It didnt work for me.

R&G,

You also need the 73 rear bumper brackets. The stock post 74 shocks hold the bumper out'a place. Even if pushed in, not right. Check e bay, specially e/bay AU ( oz)  They have those brackets around. That is not a difficult item to ship ( as opposed to a complete bumper bar, that is impossible, unless you have a money tree at home.)

Straightening the bumper also helps, no need to chrome it ( which is expensive) but just straightening it. While at it, you can close the gap ( where 74 and later shock brackets bolt on ) on the bumper and make it a true 73 and earlier.

In any event, getting the proper brackets will help you any way you go, be it 610 bumpers or 510 ones. The 510 bumper would work on front, but the rear 510 bumper is insufficient to cover the rear corrugated body panel that hides under the stock bumper.

Since you have both bumpers, all you need is brackets, your bumpers can be moded ( by welding in / covering gap) to become 73 units

it was d 1st time, in a long time, i've driven d car that far, not to mention in d freeway.

I was bored yesterday so i went to autofashion open house yesterday.

Thanks for d pix; where did you get this?

maybe we can meet at one of the meets sometime. where is watupweds meet at? I hardly go to d meet coz of those stupid burn outs those kids are doin in the parking lot. But when im bored, sometimes, I go to d Eastlake/Chula Vista weds & satruday meet.

No problem! my friend edwin took it.

I go all the time lol, the whaddupweds meet is at (5650 Balboa Ave) right off the 805 really chill people although lately it's been getting packed

Sometimes I head to the chula vista meet too sometimes.... when the car allows it lol you know how it goes.

Thankss Im really jealous of your exterior and even copied a few things here and there :P

Really there's not much to the battery relocation, there's tons of writeups online but to make it simple for our cars all you really need in terms of material is 4 gauge wire, 2 battery terminals, 100 amp circuit breaker, a fitting for the ground,a power distribution block, and an enclosed battery box or a gel cell battery with an open tray.

Nahh that's a different edwin

• Like 1