Daily drive a 521?

Miler

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Make a photobucket. Upload pics to photobuxket, it will give you 4 links for the picture when its done uploading. Like direct, html..yoi want the one that starts and ends with . Copy and paste that into the comment box and bam. Oics.. Good to see anpther br/o/. Especially one with a Dato..let alone a 521

Thanks, I'm in the process now with my wicked crappy internet connecting. I remember from /o you have a old chevy as well, I got a 1976 camper special back home in NH that I bought in Arizona and my old man drove home for me.

That's a good looking little truck! I agree though. Oics of the interior and engine bay.

And on the point of DD'ing it, I've been dailying ours 60 miles a day to and from work for the past few weeks again. My only occasional complaint is my back getting stiff while sitting in traffic with the bench seat, but otherwise I love driving it all the time.

damn that's a wicked straight shooter of a 521...nice job

Me and Jeff Hino(icehouse )

we worked on a truck very very close to looking like this one.

Wasnt running. We got to to run then find out the diff was out of oil and the rear tail lights wires were like hacked up in back.

Is this the same rig????????

Why I say thay as it has the same tint on windows also. sam color truck

wait ,, check that ... if these two guys did work on it ....its gotta be a junker they totally are new tot he datsun scene... they never have ressurected and or created sick datsuns before....

ie it should work good...and be real low...or was real low...

• Like 1

Me and Jeff Hino(icehouse )

we worked on a truck very very close to looking like this one.

Wasnt running. We got to to run then find out the diff was out of oil and the rear tail lights wires were like hacked up in back.

Is this the same rig????????

Why I say thay as it has the same tint on windows also. sam color truck

It is the same one, the gentleman i got it from is friends with Mr. Hino and got it from him and daily drove it for a while and its been in storage since

• 3 weeks later...

I've been daily driving the old girl for a week after my NH antique plates arrived in the mail. So far no problems other then the odometer registers more miles then actually traveled, and if anyone has some side mirrors and bumperetts for sale they would be much appreciated.

DSCN1351_zps594879c1.jpg

DSCN1347_zps4bf3d8d7.jpg

DSCN1346_zps0ba46ca1.jpg

DSCN1342_zpscf4e4b57.jpg

Im trying to figure out what dizzy you have and the wiring you got going on but if it works just leave it along.

Most times if the Stock Point coil is in there you should still have the ballast resisitor in there which looks correct.

Just figureing out the 2 wires commiong from the dizzy. if this is a Matchbox or a remote or a Pertronix. Most take the +side of the matchbox/pertronix and hook it up to the +side of ballast resisitor. Cause youll really have lass voltage at the + side coil as it comes off the other side of the ballast reisitor. meaning about 6 volts of so.

I would buy spare brake and cluch master cylinders and Slave cylinders as spares as youll need them and dont have to wait for parts. get them now.

grease the Kingpins and the drive shafts ,and ck the oil in trans Do it now.

Buy this, these work

http://www.equus.com...Battery-Monitor

Im glad this truck is back on the road. and the 16yr old kid doesnt have it!!!!!!!!!!