• Keep them
    • move them back about 4-5 Inches
    • Remove completely

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think fender mirrors are basicly useless, it's like having tunnel vision/blinders, you can only see where they are aimed, it's like looking threw a toilet paper tube.

These mirrors are available from "Moss Motors" today, as I have them new on my MGTD, they are

part#,

165-210 $18.95 R/H (convex lens)

165-400 $18.95 R/H (flat lens)

165-300 $18.95 L/H (convex lens)

165-500 $18.95 L/H (flat lens)

280-140 $1.40 (PAD, fender mirror)

You will need to buy the hardware(nuts and bolts) to mount these mirrors, as they are BMT(british metric thread), at least I beleave they are.

I beleave door mirrors are the most functional, but that is "my opinion".

I think fender mirrors are basicly useless, it's like having tunnel vision/blinders, you can only see where they are aimed, it's like looking threw a toilet paper tube.

You can only see where door mirrors are aimed as well... It's not like they constantly rotate giving you more angles.

You can only see where door mirrors are aimed as well... It's not like they constantly rotate giving you more angles.

But you can lean forward slightly and see the blind spot with a door mirror, leaning forward with a fender mirror that far forward does nothing, you still have the same view, I should know, as I have a stock fender mirror on my MGTD, which is worthless, but it is stock.

DSCN0413.jpg

DSCN0759.jpg

DSCN0761.jpg

So why was this truck not taking first place at the JCCS on saturday.

Cause your truck was there :sneaky:

Its a 1970. Thanks for the comments, but in my eye's the truck is not yet ready for "big" audiences. I've taken it around some of the venues around here though.

Currently, it's static dropped and rides worse than farm tractor. The static drop was to gauge my wheel tuck and offsets as these are very, very rare circa 1991 Ray's Engineering Power Volk 1's with a Toyota offset, rebuilt of course. Next will be the suspension mods; modified Mike arms, re-indexed arms (again) and extended shock towers with Monroe or Gabriel air shocks. Rear will get a c-notch and similar set of air shocks in the rear. The reason I'm going with air shocks vs. air bags is 1) not intending to lay frame 2) ride quality 3) retain much of the factory suspension geometry and layout 4) just because. I may or may not install an on-board compressor. No reservoir tank. The shocks are only to lift the truck on freeway rides, over speed bumps or to get up my driveway and for that, no fancy shit required. Also will have front disk brakes, not necessary in the rear.

Next will be the engine bay. Mainly paint and pretty parts, although Mr. Tanker can't be beat here.

I'll start some kind of thread eventually...

Cause your truck was there :sneaky:

Its a 1970. Thanks for the comments, but in my eye's the truck is not yet ready for "big" audiences. I've taken it around some of the venues around here though.

Currently, it's static dropped and rides worse than farm tractor. The static drop was to gauge my wheel tuck and offsets as these are very, very rare circa 1991 Ray's Engineering Power Volk 1's with a Toyota offset, rebuilt of course. Next will be the suspension mods; modified Mike arms, re-indexed arms (again) and extended shock towers with Monroe or Gabriel air shocks. Rear will get a c-notch and similar set of air shocks in the rear. The reason I'm going with air shocks vs. air bags is 1) not intending to lay frame 2) ride quality 3) retain much of the factory suspension geometry and layout 4) just because. I may or may not install an on-board compressor. No reservoir tank. The shocks are only to lift the truck on freeway rides, over speed bumps or to get up my driveway and for that, no fancy shit required. Also will have front disk brakes, not necessary in the rear.

Next will be the engine bay. Mainly paint and pretty parts, although Mr. Tanker can't be beat here.

I'll start some kind of thread eventually...

Dude your truck is very nice just by the side shot first of all and my truck was not were i wanted it but it was fun and people get to see what is out there that people like you and me build,if you think about it we all have almost same path's but subtle thing's that make it your own.I understand though about having it just right, but first off start a thread that would be great to se your build process and share ideas and to see that fine specimen your building plus your way ahead of me with just paint alone that truck looks brand spanking new thats for sure.Now my wife is giving me crap about doing things to the house which is brand new but we got alot of space for just me and her but she wants diffrent flooring and drapes and yada yada yada which means i cant hide my truck money from her now.Dammit.haha