The datsun that started it all

SlottedMagz

so ym datsun story is when i was 14 i was hangin with my best freind and one of his freinds. At my bfros freinds house and we're chillin in the back yard. When his dad comes out and pull a car out of the garge. I saw it and my mind freaked it was so beutiful i ran over and asked him what it was he told me it was a 260z. A few days go by and i decide i have to have one so i ask him what he wants for for it he said 3000 no engine or tranny so i laugh and tell him no way. A year or so later an other freinds freind and me are chillin and he asks me if i want to see his race car. So we ride over to his place and he opens a car and there sits a pristine i mean absolutly gorgeus z i say wow you have a 260 he laughs and says no its a 240. And then precedes to explain the difference it had a black top sr and was totaly decked out coilovers everything. and thats why i own my 240 and why i fell in love with all datsuns

peace love and chicken grease

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When I read a paragraph with no periods I feel like I'm running out of air even though I'm not speaking the words...

Anyways.

The first time I met a datsun.... I guess it was the 69' 2000 roadster in dad's backyard that I used to sit in and play speed racer. A family of cat's lived in the trunk.

lol to your sig and i love speed racer

i saw my first z at age 5. it was a 280, bright red, and had rear louvers. no clue what it had under the hood, all i know is it sounded amazing and i loved the way it looked. i spent the next 18 years chasing after that car, dreaming about it, finally bought one didnt have anywhere to store it(didnt run) so my buddies grandpa agreed i could put it out in his field until i found a place for it. 6 months later he let some tweekers stay with him and they stripped it and scrapped the car. 6 months after that my buddy sold me another non runner, this time i had a place to store it. then 2 months ago my 97 200sx died on me, and i found one on craigslist for 1500 that ran to replace it, been driving it ever since :). 5 years ago i started getting into the rest of the datsun garage, and a few days ago i added to my collection with a 510 goon. i dont think my girl realizes yet that i have no plan on stopping. :devil: ever.

so ym datsun story is when i was 14 i was hangin with my best freind and one of his freinds. At my bfros freinds house and we're chillin in the back yard. When his dad comes out and pull a car out of the garge. I saw it and my mind freaked it was so beutiful i ran over and asked him what it was he told me it was a 260z. A few days go by and i decide i have to have one so i ask him what he wants for for it he said 3000 no engine or tranny so i laugh and tell him no way. A year or so later an other freinds freind and me are chillin and he asks me if i want to see his race car. So we ride over to his place and he opens a car and there sits a pristine i mean absolutly gorgeus z i say wow you have a 260 he laughs and says no its a 240. And then precedes to explain the difference it had a black top sr and was totaly decked out coilovers everything. and thats why i own my 240 and why i fell in love with all datsuns

peace love and chicken grease

don't get me wrong i think this is a good idea for a thread, but i laughed for five minutes while i was trying to figure out what the hell a BFRO is!!! hahaha

I remember seeing cool heavy metal guys driving around in "souped-up" datsuns back in the late 70's/early 80's when i was a little kid, so of course I always wanted one. I finally got one last year, a 620. And of course i bought a 720 for parts, and then a B210 for a daily driver... it might keep going i am really trying to keep it down to what i have now but if i find a b210 hatchback on the cheap i might just have to endure one more argument with my lady...

lol we tal all crazy like. yo nukka wuz up wit da walri b chillin wit muh poznoket. it lteraly our own language and we love talking it in public. works well when we are talikng about hoties but dont want them to know we're talking about glazing them like donuts

HAHA my girlfriend just read that, she wants me to tell you that girls know that you are talking about wanting to "glaze them like donuts"

The ladies are smart like that.

Hello to the great family of ratsun well this obsession w datsun stared when my mom bought 1975 b210 then year later we whent to a datsun trade the 75 for the most beautiful 1981 210 Bach back we had that car for ever. Now 30 plus year later I found a1982 210 hackback on Craigslist and I knew I have have it. Right now is on the process to be restore. I will post pic on the future.ps I Owen a Nissan sentra station wagon 1985.

When I was in school we didn't think Japanese cars were cool (specially not Hondas) but I had a friend that got his drivers license before me and had a Datsun 1200 coupe. I spent a lot of road miles in that thing and can't believe how many times we had 5 people in it (girls were a lot skinnier back then). So now days I realize how cool these cars really are and that having a toy that gets 9mpg isn't. Anyway I found 72 1200 coupe that was not running wasting away outside. The guy wanted to much money for it but I could leave it sitting there like that so I paid him his price and now it's running again and parks inside. It's not so good on the freeway but a lot of fun for running around locally. I call it my valley car.

1st datsun in the family. '74 b210. Then sister had a '78 280z. A friend in hs had a 620 sb. Another friend had a 240 or 260. family bought another '78 b210 then an '80 510. Another friend had a 79 or 80 280zx. My brother had a 280z.

My personal ones, '82 280zx turbo(sold), '73 240z, '78 620 kc(sold), '79 620 kc.

I think that does it for my exposure to datsuns. DD is an altima.

• 1 month later...