WTB 2 door or 4 door 510 in San Diego - CLEAN!!!

Like the title says, want to buy a clean title 2 door 510 in the San Diego area. I want a running/driving car, prefer a 72.

Must be clean! Rust free! No fiberglass! I am searching for something unmolested, clean interior with a good dash, good headliner, good seats.

SR20DET Swap a plus!!! (If done right) No junk!

Sold my car last week, serious buyer with cash in hand. I am in San Diego. Give me a call or send an email if you have a clean 510 you want to part with.

BenjaminCHeath@gmail.com

760-518-967 zero

• Like 1
  • Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a super clean 69 2 door with a carbon fiber dash and a perfect stock dash on the side. Perfect interior, amazing paint, Built 2.2 with dual mikuni 44's. Troy Ermish built, it dyno'd at 200hp. Wasn't looking to sell but will for 15k. I live in the SF Bay Area

6986307312_cf1107be8e_b.jpg

grill has been cleaned up since, new full stereo with molded fiberglass kick panels, rear deck box, new Rota Shakotan wheels, tow hooks, etc. etc.

I still have gold set of Rota RB's

more pics on "pic of your dime" page 69

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/3-pic-of-your-dime/page__st__1360

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sgv/ctd/3286100459.html

Had plans with this guy yesterday to buy his car. He actually contacted me via email first and told me he was going to list the car for sale, but thought I would want first dibs.

Called and called, finally got through to him on Friday morning via text message and made plans to buy the car, cash money. Came home from work, hooked up the trailer and fueled my diesel...then went until 11:00 pm without hearing from him.

I got an email from him saying he was still getting parts from a separate location and that I can see the car the next day (today). Tried calling again, no answer.

Not sure what went wrong with this deal but the search continues!

I don't want any BS! I just want a good, clean 510!

http://losangeles.cr...3286100459.html

Had plans with this guy yesterday to buy his car. He actually contacted me via email first and told me he was going to list the car for sale, but thought I would want first dibs.

Called and called, finally got through to him on Friday morning via text message and made plans to buy the car, cash money. Came home from work, hooked up the trailer and fueled my diesel...then went until 11:00 pm without hearing from him.

I got an email from him saying he was still getting parts from a separate location and that I can see the car the next day (today). Tried calling again, no answer.

Not sure what went wrong with this deal but the search continues!

I don't want any BS! I just want a good, clean 510!

Too bad for him, I guess he's in no rush to sell.... Keep looking you'll find something better!

Its a strange situation because the guy said he needs to sell in order to pay for school. Sounds like a pretty good excuse to sell the project.

He left me hanging which was not cool at all. Least he could have done was called and said he sold it already, didn't want to sell just yet, something. Don't make plans and then cut somebody off entirely!

Especially when they agree to your full asking price with cash in hand.

Its a strange situation because the guy said he needs to sell in order to pay for school. Sounds like a pretty good excuse to sell the project.

He left me hanging which was not cool at all. Least he could have done was called and said he sold it already, didn't want to sell just yet, something. Don't make plans and then cut somebody off entirely!

Especially when they agree to your full asking price with cash in hand.

Totally agree with you, I would just move on.. Something about the story is not right it seems, someone in need to sell would jump on a serious buyer instead of lagging.

Yup! Doesn't make sense.

Anyhow, got in touch with another guy locally. Sent me his photos and asking price. I agreed and then he backed out and said he wanted more money! I thought about for a week, agreed yesterday to his new price and he told me he could not show the car yesterday! Now the same thing...unanswered phone calls, won't call back!

Unreal!!!!

Wellp, just had the most epic parking lot used Datsun deal failure known to man!

I have been dealing with the owner of a 1970 2 dr Sedan for over a week now. Found the car for sale here on Ratsun and decided to email the seller. He came back with an asking price of $7500. The car is pretty much stock, original paint, coii overs in front, L18, 4 spd, etc. Nothing too crazy. The car is pretty straight and clean. Interior looks great.

Seller decides to beat around the bush for a few days when it came to showing the car. Days later he comes back with a new price tag of $7800. Immediately I said that is not going to work. The car is stock, after all.

After viewing all the CL ads, and the other ads here, I decided to pay the new price of $7800. Long story short, seller said $7800 cash Sunday will be fine. I spoke to him briefly on the phone today and we agreed to meet at 7:00 pm.

I looked the car over, very clean. Just what I expected. The seller was showing me the car, pointing out the small imperfections here and there, things it might need. Told me he drove it to JCCS last weekend with zero issues. He was 'selling' the car.

We took a quick spin. Car drove great. I wanted to pay him and drive it home. We returned to the parking lot and I asked to see the title. This is when it got rocky. Seller tells me it is at his house. I look at him and ask if he is going to get it. Do we need to drive to his house? Can someone bring it? Who shows up to sell a car without a title???

The seller was VERY VERY aware that I had the cash and was in the market, ready to buy.

I told him I have the cash, I like the car. I want it. This guy walks away, gets on the phone about 5 different times, hes sweating bullets, pacing, placing his hands on his head. At this point it became obvious that another cart full of horse shit was on its way. I ask him what the problem is and that's when the '' I need more time to think" line came out.

I reassured him that his car is stock, but clean. Lets face it, a stock 510 just isn't worth $7800!!! But I liked the car and wanted it. So I was willing to pay! I told him that the chances of another offer like this is very unlikely. He replied with the thought of not finding another 510?!?! Why are you selling then???!!!

Side note, this guy told me he has owned 12 of these cars. He is only 28!

Anyhow, I wasn't an asshole by any means. In fact, I was probably too nice to this guy after canceling dinner plans and driving an hour to have him waste my time on a Sunday night.

Search continues.....

-BT

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.