620 Rocker Panels

Suspect

I found a guy to make me some 620 rockers and kc cab corners. I didn't get a quote on the cab corners but he said he could make me a set of rockers for $75. I can get them made in galvanized steel or regular steel. I was wondering if there is a market for these like any of you need them. If you let me know, I might be able to have them made for you. But I would imagine that you could have them made at most medal fabricating shops. I'm probably going out there in a couple weeks to have my set made.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was talking to a GTO friend of mine. He says $75 is cheap for rockers, but then again he just bought a $2500 quarter panel for a GTO Judge Convert. This is the exact car he has, when he is done with it, it will be numbers matching except for engine. It will have a "correct" engine, just not the original. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Pontiac-GTO-Black-1969-GTO-JUDGE-BLACK-CONVERTIBLE-ORIGINAL-MATCHING-s-SURVIVOR-BORN-WITH-MOTOR-/221121740630?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item337be1ff56

So paying someone $2500 for a quarter for a $130,000 + car would be worth it I guess. Idk, I see it hard to justify.

• 4 weeks later...

My rockers are done. It cost $82 even which I don't think is that bad. He left a little to work with on length which is also good. Let me know what you guys think.

IMAG0192_zpsd2388158.jpg

Above is a pic of a cut off rocker panel that has been patch with aftermarket of some sort of rocker.

IMAG0193_zpse8d2eb80.jpg

IMAG0194_zps7081e6ed.jpg

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 2 years later...

I bought those and my body man says they don't come close to fitting right.

Would like to see pictures of the fitment problems.

Since they are welded up from smaller pieces, did they just get assembled wrong by some bottom of the pay scale welder,

or if the design is actually way off.

I bought repo fenders for mine years ago, and one fit fairly close, but the other was welded together a little off, and needed the spot welds cut, pieces re-aligned, and welded back together.

Did that guy in Canada take them back, or did you get stuck with them ?

• Like 2

I bought some online too.  They didn't fit at all.  Then  found a set like the ones on Ebay which actually have the right profile and are a full rocker panel.  They came from a warehouse in Ohio if I recall.  Your flat repair pieces look nice enough to fill in holes, but the profile doesn't remotely match the original, just like the ones I bought first.  Someone here had posted Tabco who makes them a few years ago. They make a lot of sheet metal repair panels, but don't list much Datsun on their site. 1-800-792-5226

• Like 1