Hauling with air bag suspension?

an_orange_s2k

I've read that hauling/towing potential becomes nonexistant with it but heavy duty trucks use air springs to tow/haul so does anyone have any experience with it on a 521? Reason I want to go with that set up because I love look of a lowered 521 but I also plan to use it to transport my bike to and from the track. Please chime in!

• Like 1
  • Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think a bike and some tools would be too big of a deal. Make sure the load rating on the air bags you use is more than up to the weights you plan on hauling. You will also want to make sure your links and hardware are up to the task as well.

• Like 1

I have air shocks on my 720 and they give me about 6 to 8 inches from bottom out to top end depending on pressure and load, and they are cheaper than bags. I have hauled a ton of brick with no issues. The only thing I would worry about is your brakes. Too heavy of a load will be an issue if you cant stop! :huh: :o :frantics: :bye:

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

why do most big rigs these day use air bags on every axle if its such a issue....this is a common mis nomer among uneducated bag people....same people usually see bagged truck and even though they see air bags call it hydralics...your limiting tow capaicity is a bigger issue to the tranny then bags...

• Like 1