I saved this jewel from a certain death in the woods

SulphurDave

You are probably going to have to fabricate new metal pieces for the floor of the cab, and I really would try to save the bed floor.

I have five 521 cabs, and two have floors needing metal replacement, two have acceptable floors, and one I am not sure of.

Unfortunately, the cabs with better floors have front end damage.

It is really common for 521 trucks to have bad floors in the cab, because they came with vinyl floor mats that trapped dirt and water under them, and the dirt would grind off the paint, and the water would make the metal rust.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've seen a writeup of someone replaceing the cab floor, whoever it was did a real

Good job. Pictures too :) it might have been in a 510 but still..

I also need a new floor, the previous owner of my truck

Did a quick "fix" of a few rivets and sheet metal..... driver and passnger side.

It sucks!!! The old floor is still underneath all rusted up so when I put my feet down

I feel the floor dip down.

Blooooooows!! :(

I need help with some of these parts I have left that I'm not sure where they go. I took pics of the tear down to help remember where things go but there's some things I missed.. mainly where the ball bearings and tiny springs went. The diagram provided isn't exact and there's some guess work on what jet is what and where it goes. I try to compare back to my pics of the tear down but the only thing I can see is the tops of the jets and not what's under them, how long they are, if there's a ball bearing under it or a tiny spring. The one thing I know I got right is the nylon ball bearing in the kit went down at the bottom of the accelerator pump. There's 2 more ball bearings that go somewhere and like I said the diagram isn't helping much. And according to some of my pics of the tear down I don't see a jet in a hole where the diagram shows one so that confuses me. I'm stuck at this point. Any input?

Here's where I am at now. I put the jets in based off my tear down pics but again like I said I don't know if anything else went down the orifice before the jet.

IMG_20120922_092357_zps3c57378f.jpg

Here's some jets, springs and ball bearings not sure where they go...

IMG_20120922_093641_zps598c3d5b.jpg

Diagram...

IMG_20120922_092531_zps7528e45f.jpg