Mustard 620 KC from OR to England

Willdatsun

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Done some more work, the roof made a sound like a gong if you tap it with your fingers, we took the headliner out to investigate and viola.. the factory sound deadening was gone! We found something that wasn't supposed to be there too.. a big mouse nest. But no mice at least. Anyway we put a load of that sticky tar pad stuff under there, more than the factory would have put, and also put some in the sides of the cab, behind the door, and even some on the back panel of the cab. The truck is quieter now and the radio sounds so much better now that the roof is not echoing and behaving like a big drum skin!

We cleaned and adjusted the rear brake shoes (they were miles out) and reset the parking brake correctly and lubed it all up. Greased the kingpins, and mended the seatbelt buzzer and warning lamp.

headliner pulled down

620kc-headliner-removed.jpg

mouse nest in back corner

620kc-headliner-mousenest.jpg

putting in the pads (like dynamat but cheaper)

620kc-roof.jpg

And the sides of the truck

620kc-sound-side.jpg

Thanks

Took the grille out,

painstakingly masked it up and did it silver on the edges and black in the middle including the headlamp buckets. I was sort of going for '69 Charger colour scheme and I'm quite pleased with how it came out.

620grille1.jpg

620bonnet-finisher3.jpg

Took the hood finisher off (broke two studs, need to sort that) but we resprayed the finisher strip silver along the bottom and satin black at the top. This means the silver lines up with the silver on the grille as it is the same thickness. We had to adjust the hood to get it all to line up nice.

620grille4.jpg

620grille2.jpg

Looks pretty sharp, what do you think?

While the badge was off I coloured in the chrome with a marker pen, looks quite good, need to find me a blue pen now.

badge-markerpen.jpg

• Like 1

I like the wheels - just so cool classic look. I never like modern wheels on oldschool cars. The wheels should alway match the era of a car. On this one the white steel rims + hubcaps just perfect.

The grill came out great also.

What size is the front tire??? Looks small, needs more sidewall height.

do you have to use cargo tyres on your truck in england - i have to in estonia (185 R14C)? As for the fog light, in here its from 95 and up that car has to have rear foglight + third brake light. Also we can't use red direction indicators. Just ones that burn amber or yellow.

• 4 months later...

on the UK spec trucks (one ton) we have to use C tyres (example 185x14C) but because this truck is an import there will be no information about it saying it should have those , and i think maybe the USA 620 is only a half ton? (lighter springs?)

getting some good use out of this!

620kclogs1.jpg

• 1 month later...