My 520 Truck with Master Cylinder.

onunez65falcon

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

It come out of a 1990 geo metro, I will be posting all the pictures and modification that it need to be done for this to work on the 520 I finish my front disc brake conversion already, I did my first driving test and they work great (Isuzu rodeo rear rotor, 91 Acura legend rear calipers and a custom bracket)

This will not work in a 521 guys, the 520 brake master is several inches away from the clutch master, in the 521 they are right next to each other, and he also has a J block in his truck, while the L block is much higher and the intake gets in the way.

This is how I did my 520 with an L block in it, this is a stock intake manifold, but I have a shorter "offenhauser" manifold I will be using down the road.

This is very tight,

DSCN0877.jpg

DSCN0875.jpg

this is what happened when I tried to use a traditional brake master, the bleeder screws hit the carb/intake.

DSCN0869.jpg

DSCN0870.jpg

The 521 has to have a custom booster pedestal made, see how tight everything is.

DSCN0162.jpg

• 2 months later...

Wife just drove the new 520 around the block.  She doesn't "get" old cars, and I'm surprised she even wanted to drive it at all (probably first and last time she will... she hates "car stuff" and hasn't ridden my my other project vehicle in 10+ years).  Her first comment was that it needs new brakes.  Actually, the brakes on it are new... and working as designed.  However, I do like the idea of maybe putting a little boost on them like you're doing in this thread.  So... subscribing and following your progress.

This will not work in a 521 guys, the 520 brake master is several inches away from the clutch master, in the 521 they are right next to each other, and he also has a J block in his truck, while the L block is much higher and the intake gets in the way.

BTW, in my other truck (see last pic in my intro post http://community.ratsun.net/topic/51431-new-520-owner/ ), I built a right angle assembly and stuffed the booster and MC under the dash.  Has anyone looked at doing the booster/MC under the dash on the Datsun?  I have radio delete on my truck and with a tiny low power flashlight I peeked under there and my first impression is that a 7" dual diaphragm might actually fit, and then just do a right angle Heim joint to actuate. (???)

Has anyone looked at doing the booster/MC under the dash on the Datsun?  I have radio delete on my truck and with a tiny low power flashlight I peeked under there and my first impression is that a 7" dual diaphragm might actually fit, and then just do a right angle Heim joint to actuate. (???)

Well, that was a dumb idea.  There's a giant heater in the way.