Sh!ts and Giggles 510

510T

Welcome back!!

.......now get yo shit together for Canby!!! :D  

Canby 2014!!!

Meanwhile I had finally had enough of the rising sun look.  I did a slightly better than half-ass job of sanding it down and painting.  You can still sort of see parts of the old design in the light.  I kind of dig it, almost like a ghost rising sun :)

78E90AAD-B7C6-457A-962D-8292EC59F4CD-205

CBC4362C-3B29-408E-882C-3FE37A3F2563-205

FCC56602-4902-43EC-A32C-8969383B8A65-205

6F45FCAA-8065-4FA3-BE0B-467460D89DF8-205

8BF239EB-6C41-46B7-B3B6-2DD16DB08964-205

Moar sleeper status = muy bien

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 910
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Had a little fun this afternoon :devil: Gotta get rid of these tires somehow...

Click for shenanigans:

th_Video_zps58ba2fdb.jpg

Sorry about the quality, it came from a friend's busted phone.

Driver on a closed course do not try at home.  Always follow all traffic laws, wear your seatbelt, and use your turn signals.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

For a while now I have been having a problem with my clutch system.  The deal is, when I stomp the pedal, I get good pressure and everything is kosher.  The issue is that if I push the pedal slowly, it goes right to the floor with no pressure at all.

Bad master or slave or just still air in the line?  What do you think?

Bad slave...there would be a leak...

Probably the master.....it's by-passing the seal inside when you press slowly...

.....when you romp on it.....the fluid doesn't have enough time to seep past the seal....

Air in the lines would cause a spongy pedal...possibly real low clutch engagement....

It's gotta be the M/C.....not much to the system.....

• Like 1

Ordered a new clutch master today from rockauto:

More Information for BECK/ARNLEY 0726521

Clutch Master Cylinder
  • Comes complete with reservoir, push-rod and new hardware.
  • All new units – never remanufactured.
  • Exact fit.

Yay more bleeding.

• 2 weeks later...

Clutch master cylinder R&R done!  Such a good feeling when pressure returns to the pedal :)  Bleeding was a bitch, it took me a few days to find the right technique.  Success was had by holding the pedal to the floor, open the bleeder, push the slave back in by hand then close bleeder and repeat.  The final step was to adjust the pedal for free-play and BAM! we have clutch :w00t: .

Clutch master cylinder R&R done!  Such a good feeling when pressure returns to the pedal :)  Bleeding was a bitch, it took me a few days to find the right technique.  Success was had by holding the pedal to the floor, open the bleeder, push the slave back in by hand then close bleeder and repeat.  The final step was to adjust the pedal for free-play and BAM! we have clutch :w00t: .

So is this your excuse for not being at the last two autocrosses?  My 510 has been lonely out there.

So is this your excuse for not being at the last two autocrosses?  My 510 has been lonely out there.

Yeah I know I have been MIA at the last couple :(  One I missed because my Dad was in town and the last one was partly due to the clutch issue and other general busy with life issues...  Another problem with the car that I recently became aware of is my rad is leaking.  I had a fan eat into it going down to LA a few years ago and had it repaired by some radiator dude in Van Nuys with some epoxy (the "good stuff").  The "good stuff" has begun to let go and I now need to shop around for a fresh rad.

this build is missing some sexyness.....

some awesome plastic sexyness...

just sayn 

Heard that!  I'll get my act together and get some nice oics of it all raw up in here :)  Hate to say it but the awesomness that you speak of will probably stay inside for the forseeable future... :rofl:

• 1 month later...

Not much going on with the 510 lately.  It has been getting driven sparingly, I took it out to the desert for a wheelin' trip and just around locally a little bit.  The last few times I drove it it has been having a crippling issue at cruise.  Seems to momentarily and randomly cut fuel.  I have done a little bit of digging and it seems possible that a number of things in any combination could be causing the problem.

Video of problem.  No throttle change and video was taken at about 70mph on flat ground:

th_CED07CBA-408B-4DFC-8108-9542875D5404-

And here is a clip romping through the desert in 3rd gear spinning the tires and dodging rocks with a couple giggling buds:

(repost from the off-highway thread http://community.ratsun.net/topic/53522-off-highway-ratsuns-tarmack-free/ :))

My CorAce grill is safely tucked away while I decide on a colorway and I have a few other small projects dancing around in my head waiting for the time...

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah the drama was all due to a vacuum leak.  I must have blown the cap off while boosting in the desert, considering it started on the way home.  I have driven it a few days this week and all is well, back to business.

I think I have decided to paint the grill a black and grey combo.  I'm thinking gloss black mesh, top bar and accents with grey or silver headlight bezels would look good.  Opinions?

I've got some other cosmetic changes coming up before the end of the year and hopefully some moar go fast over the winter :)

• 2 weeks later...