No oil pressure after rebuild...

spudly13

Just got done rebuilding my l20, new rings, pistons, bearings, valve seals, gaskets etc. i adjusted the valve lash, timing is set, but im getting zero oil pressure. pulled the pump off it was dry, put a known good one on (or at least it worked when i pulled my other motor) , this time filling it with oil... still not pumping. blew air back threw the pickup, heard oil bubling, blue air threw the other whole and heard air coming out somewhere above my head...

Thoughts?

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Premature posting? ollz

It happens to the best of us lol

YOu forgot to fill the crank case with oil???????????

always fill the oil pump.

that first 3 mins w/o oil puts about 150k miles on a brand new motor

Nope there was oil in there, good thing i didnt run it!

Forgot the sender wire.

I wish it were that easy lol i feel like a jackass

well after coming inside to make the origanal post, i went back out and was staring in my engine bay stumped, walked over to my bench, spacing out and thinking.. i glance in a box that had some parts in it and it hit me... there in that stupid box was the oil pick up.. how i managed that i do not know, that was definately one of those you have got to be kidding me moments, i have no idea how i could have just skipped over taht.... to excited i guess

well after coming inside to make the origanal post, i went back out and was staring in my engine bay stumped, walked over to my bench, spacing out and thinking.. i glance in a box that had some parts in it and it hit me... there in that stupid box was the oil pick up.. how i managed that i do not know, that was definately one of those you have got to be kidding me moments, i have no idea how i could have just skipped over taht.... to excited i guess

It happens to the best of us sometimes.

• Like 1