Front disks on a Pre-78 620 (Control Arm Method)

Glengemen

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest DatsuNoob

Sorry, I guess the proper name for the part I'm trying to describe is actually "upper control arm shaft link". I still dont know why the hell you cant just use the 620 ones with Beebani's A-arms.

Sorry, I guess the proper name for the part I'm trying to describe is actually "upper control arm shaft link". I still dont know why the hell you cant just use the 620 ones with Beebani's A-arms.

Noob, you should be able to use the shaft from a 78/79 620. I beleive they are the same as the ones from a 720, i have used both 620 and 720 in my truck(1976 frame).

Noob, you should be able to use the shaft from a 78/79 620. I beleive they are the same as the ones from a 720, i have used both 620 and 720 in my truck(1976 frame).

I think he wants to use the kingpin ones. LOL! I thought about the same thang.

Guest DatsuNoob

Why the Lolz? At first glance I didnt see why the kingpin ones wouldnt fit in Bee's UCA's. I didnt measure though, it just made sense to try and use existing shit to mount up my arms if the spacing was the same. I'll be on the lookout for a pair from a late 620 or early 720, whatever.

So I'm starting this on my truck real soon, got mostly all the stuff except for the UCA pivot rods. I've found out for myself the hard way that HB UCA's and pivot rods will not work out. Width difference of the mounting holes of the UCA pivots are different spacing. early ones are 19mm and later ones are 22? 24mm cant remember. Anyway, my question is which UCA pivot rod will match the factory holes(spacing and hole size) in the frame of a 620 and still have the same length as what's in there now?

hey if you guys need those parts i just changed them out of my 620 and have them for sale upper and lower arms with new bolt joints, calipers, spindles and rotors i changed back to the original parts to modified to use bigger rotors. thanks jc

The spindle or knuckle is the same part number from '78 to Oct. '82. This is when the 720 up graded to vented rotors and larger calipers. The spindle from 11 '82 to 10 '85 were the same. The D-21 11 '85 and up used a different number but I think would fit the earlier late 720.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

fuuu i am so confused!

can i get a verification on my parts list ('73 620 kingpin to ball joint swap)

hardbody parts:
lower control arms

spindles (gonna use drop spindles)

bearings

radius rods

hubs

ball joints

720 parts

upper control arm pivot pins

upper control arm bushings

pivot rod

upper control arm shaft link

620 parts

lower control arm bushings

upper control arm shaft link

anything missing, or are there duplicate pieces with different names?

here's what i have: isuzo rodeo rotors, 26mm z32 calipers, brake lines

& beebani's upper control arm

• Like 1
  • 6 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Sucks I have everything to do the conversion.. But I can not find the upper pivot shaft if my life was on the line.. The BEEBANI arms are really nice..

if you mean the shaft that goes through the control arm and is bolted to the truck... i got mine from the junk yard back when i was in sd

just keep hittin the yards weekly

• 6 years later...

hate to resurrect another corpse but.....for easy 4 or 5 lug swap I and a {circle track racer} guy I know turned down 720 spindles on a lathe, and mounted '84 300zx calipers, rotors, hubs. just shim out the mounting bolts with (4?) washers. Early SAE brake lines must be changed to metric. Works good. Easy swap over to later 5 lug too (sorry 240sx guys). So 6 lug, or 5 lug, or 4 lug is easy on 720 spindles. If you can find solid flat back hubs, a 4x4.5 hub can be redrilled to 6x5.5 using 2 of the holes as guides.  And for 4 lug rear triangulated 4 link use '84 200sx, Just needs 2" channel (2.5? sorry, going from memory) welded to frame top and clip the outside bushing a bit on lca, (properly should move lca inboard a bit at axel side), and drill out LCA bushing on frame side to 5/8"  Maybe get adjustable UCA so you can dial in the pinion angle easily.  Axel is few inches wider though. A little later yrs you get rear disc to boot.Though you probably want to get softer UCA bushings on that light a rig to allow it to work best. I would think it would make a nice wide body set up using the longer  LCA. Watch your ackerman......