my ebay account got hacked.. not in that way though

kgb

Instead of buying something with my money, someone posted an ad for sale under my account.

http://www.ebay.com/...984.m1562.l2649

No idea what that is.

the auction was up for about 20 minutes and then I noticed it and ended it.

Called ebay right away and was told that the ip address used was the same for all the auctions.(I have four legit auctions going)

Basicaly theyre tellin me that I gave someone my passwrd or let someone use my comp. all that is bs cause i used my phone to list these four.

http://www.ebay.com/...sid=p4340.l2562

Searched online and found the scam. paypal/ebay gets hacked. auction ends, buyer pays and the seller gets left on the hook because the payment goes to the crook via paypal. that would have been $4,000 in my case.

I changed all the passwords, ebay, email, paypal, ratsun? lol, all of them.

I am thinking of ending these four auctions and just selling parts here and use a freind's paypal account to play it safe.

Any ideas?

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ratsun prices?

:poke:

I trust PayPal. My account got hacked and they cleaned it out. It took about a week but PayPal worked it all out with minimal hassle. Seems like a lot of people have trouble selling on eBay for many different reasons. BTW good call changing ALL your passwords, you never know how many of your old ones they got.

I am going to let it ride and then close the ebay and paypal accounts. start fresh

Now I get this message, even though i ended the auction early without a buyer:

I haven't received my item yet: yokozena sent a message about Fluke DTX 1800 Cable Tester MS Fiber DTX-MFM DTX-SFM Mint Condition #280952375203

To: zhiguli510

Sent: Sep-05-12 02:53 AM

logoEbayMotors_182x39.gifeBay sent this message to alex ayzman (zhiguli510).

Your registered name is included to show this message originated from eBay Motors. Learn more.

ltCurve.gifThis member has a question for you. rtCurve.gificonAlert_32x32.gif Do not respond to the sender if this message requests that you complete the transaction outside of eBay. This type of offer is against eBay policy, may be fraudulent, and is not covered by buyer protection programs. Learn More.

Dear zhiguli510,

may i have the trcking number, if you shipped already. thanks

- yokozena

Click "respond" to reply through Messages, or go to your email to reply s.gifbtnRespond.gif

280952375203.jpg Fluke DTX 1800 Cable Tester MS Fiber DTX-MFM DTX-SFM Mint Condition Item Id: 280952375203 End time: Aug-29-12 04:07:22 PDT Buyer: yokozena (1238iconRedStar_25x25.gif) 100.0% Positive Feedback Member since Nov-13-04 in United States Location: PA, United States Buyer email address: johnnecom@hotmail.com Listing Status: This message was sent while the listing was closed.

I would guess that`s your guy ,,i went to look at his feedback and he has it set to private so his 100% feedback is probably from the few accounts..Also those accounts should be scrutinized by Ebay also because they are probably in on it..That`s if they really want to stop the scammers ..

So i have a question ,,did you change your Ratsun name to KGB from the other ,,like on ebay account??

I would guess that`s your guy ,,i went to look at his feedback and he has it set to private so his 100% feedback is probably from the few accounts..Also those accounts should be scrutinized by Ebay also because they are probably in on it..That`s if they really want to stop the scammers ..

So i have a question ,,did you change your Ratsun name to KGB from the other ,,like on ebay account??

I changed my name on ratsun cause I don't sell DLSocal weatherstripping anymore. Dont really sell 510 parts like I used to.

Haven't changed the name on ebay, yet.

Spoke with an ebay rep last night. seems someone did buy the one for $4100. the paypal info on that auction was changed (I didn't get the money).

The guy asking for tracking info is emailing me for help in getting his money back. Hopefully paypal reimburses him.

Man, I am always very hesitant when I buy stuff on Ebay. Its hard to trust someone you've never met and you're supposed to wire them money and hope they ship the parts out. :crying: I had a paypal account and an Ebay account at one point and someone hacked it and bought 40$ worth of something stupid and for some reason had it sent to my house. Thankfully ebay and paypal gave me my money back but it was stuck on my paypal account and I havent used it since.

Man, I am always very hesitant when I buy stuff on Ebay. Its hard to trust someone you've never met and you're supposed to wire them money and hope they ship the parts out. :crying: I had a paypal account and an Ebay account at one point and someone hacked it and bought 40$ worth of something stupid and for some reason had it sent to my house. Thankfully ebay and paypal gave me my money back but it was stuck on my paypal account and I havent used it since.

I've bought and sold hundreds of things on Ebay and have only had issues as a seller. A buyer, to me, is much more protected than a seller. Your case was a very rare exception - just do your homework and you should be fine. In the event that something happens, you'll more than likely be covered by PayPal.

I've bought and sold hundreds of things on Ebay and have only had issues as a seller. A buyer, to me, is much more protected than a seller. Your case was a very rare exception - just do your homework and you should be fine. In the event that something happens, you'll more than likely be covered by PayPal.

Ya I hear ya. A friend of mine was trying to buy some mustang cobra wheels probably like 8 years ago, he sent the money and never received the wheels. That was another reason I am hesitant, but ebay is a great resource and there are a TON of cool parts that I cannot get locally. I guess it might be time to dust the cob webs off the ebay and pay pal account. lol.

eBay is still the best way, the only way, to reach that many people.

Sure, its expensive. List a product, pay; sell a product, pay; get paid through paypal, PAY!!

Thats why everything is so overpriced.

Reason for this post is to let sellers know to pay attention to what youre selling and to let buyers know that I am selling some hard to find parts.

My auctions are ending today and tomorrow. cant wait to see all go smoothly.

Definitly will take a break from Ebay for a while.

I had to stop doing business with Ebay and paypal when I became a seller. I was buying for years, and started selling things that I knew were popular, namely Geo Metro parts. When the gas first started going up steady back in 05', people were clamoring for anything Geo related. I had a shit ton of Metros, parts and JY's to get stuff from. Dizzys, manifolds and TBI units were popular. I had sold several throttle bodies, usually for a minimum of 400$.......everyone was cleaned and tested. And many of you may or may not know, usually an entire throttle body injection unit wont go bad, just a sensor (maf, iat, iac etc) or the injector. I listed all of my items as USED but tested. I didn't guarantee interchange, and accepted no returns, as they were used parts. Well someone bought a tbi unit from me, paid through paypal and all was well. 2 months later I get a notice from paypal of a complaint opened up regarding this part. This guy went into a 2 page rant about how I sold him some dirty, non functioning part and refused to do anything about it. I had wronged him and did nothing. I had never heard a WORD about any of this. So through Paypal they had me type a rebuttal......I got 400 characters to type my reply. WTF? Anyhow I agreed that if he sent me back the TBI unit I would refund his money. So I get an email with the tracking number and a few days later a TBI unit shows up, but guess what? NOT THE ONE I SOLD THE FUCKER. See, I stamp every part I sold with a stamp kit in an inconspicuous spot. I also took pics of that. So I contacted PP and told them what was up. Sent the pics and documentation proving the buyer didn't send the original parts back to me. I got an e mail 3 days later stating that they had made their decision and if I wouldn't send the finds to the buyer they were going to withdraw the amount from my bank account that was linked to the pp account. I went right down and closed that account, and stopped doing business with paypal. Fuck both of them straight in the ass. I never condone screwing anyone over, and there are a myriad of safety systems set in place to protect the buyer, but sweet fuck all to protect a seller in some instances.