story time at work.

I work at the san diego zoo as a photographer, yes the anoyying people that ask you every 5 mins if you want your picture taken, i was attending a guest at sales. I notice that he had a racing shirt on and I asked him what was it. aparently back in the day he used to race on dirt track but he also mentioned he was in the mini-truck scene. At this point my reaction was shocked! i was expecting a luv or something. The guy had a 620 with twin makuni and western turbines yatta yatta yatta... I can see his wife behind him rolling her eyes like " here goes the datsun story again". So I also mentioned that i have a 521 and told him everything that was done to my truck and its progress they guy looked at me like WTF?? it was tottaly unexpectted. Before he left he told me " dont EVER get rid of your datto cause you will regret it" (; I ended up giving him his pictures for free and kept me entertained for a few mins :) I just love how you meet guy that are real oldtimers that go back to there days and share stories. I should have told him about JCCS -.-

• Like 1
  • Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Dude, i have hours and hours (days?) of stories of the stupid stuff that we did in our youth in the mini-truck scene. I should be dead....lol. Started Infinity Truckers in 1978 in Claremont Ca....grew that club BIG until it became unmanageable and cliquish. Won most partying club a bunch of times. All back when fender flairs and funky camper shells were the rage. Our club bucked the trend and were among the first to embrace dropping the whole truck and tucking tires n rims. I had some of the best times of my young life between running my louver shop and mini-truckin in the early 80's. I drove my lifted 620 longbed to Mexico many many times to K38, Puerto Nuevo and Rosarito Beach, hauling surfboards down and fireworks and beers back.....good times.

Tim

PS My truck had dual DCOE Webers instead of Mikunis and Porsche Alloys instead of Westerns. The hot wheel up here were Western Bullets with a full polish. I hope i don't come off as bragging. It was just a lot of fun back then.